Are cats sickly little beasts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Their owners are entirely bonkers.

We've only got 4 now. ;)

gbb

Legendary Member
When i look at my small town's facebook page there are three questions frequently asked. Which take-away do you recommend, where can i get my nails done and has anyone seen my lost cat.
I see that too (anyone seen this cat ?)
For chrissakes, they're quite capable of looking after themselves and bear allegiance to no-one .
Day after day In our local FB page, you'll see pictures of ungrateful cats and pleading messages from hapless 'owners'.

fossyant

Dogs are much more expensive at the vets than cats. Our 4 are house cats, 3 'posh ones' - yes who pays bloody money for a cat - MrsF , not once but 3 times. The other a rescue with no teeth.

They have a large cat run, so deposit their present's in our garden, not others - the run has lots of ledges, and one part has chippings in where they go to do their business, or indeed, they come back in to do a poop. The 'not so funny' part is once one 'goes' the rest follow, so you spend about half an hour disposing of poop from the litter tray.

Oh and they are bloody fussy with food, or at least the rescue is. He loves bacon, cheese, chicken etc, and Felix As Good as it Looks. The posh cats will actually eat most cat food, so long as it's not from a tin, but aren't that bothered about 'human' food.

Don't understand to be honest.
God help us all if we were surrounded by a world of cat-like humans.
Be bloody lonely for a start.
In my opinion.

I'm very much a cat lover, as I favour their independence over the dumb obedience and neediness of dogs, however, I did hear a comment from a psychopath talking about people trying to rehabilitate others of his ilk, and he described his condition as being 'like a cat in a world full of mice'.

So I say as a cat lover, a world full of cat like humans doesn't sound like a nice place.

fossyant

Look at this lot...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My cat died a long time ago from kidney failure. I have not had any pets since then as A. I don't want to have to spend money feeding one. B I don't want to have to get home because it's been on its own all day. C. I don't want to have to clean up after one. And D I don't want to have to spend stupid Amounts of money on one.

But each to his or her own. If you want one, can aford one that's it. It's your business .:okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
My cat (even with a chronic health condition) is a lot cheaper to maintain than a child (or heaven forbid multiple children), far less needy and demanding, and won't live nearly as long as most children so a much shorter term expense

figbat

Slippery scientist
We had two sibling cats until a few years ago. One was diagnosed with a heart and lung disorder as a kitten, most likely as a consequence of having contracted cat flu. The other was healthy for most of her life. However, neither needed any serious vetinary intervention for most of their lives until they got old and developed the usual kidney issues, which was mostly controlled through diet. One made it to 18, the other almost 20. We didn’t insure them and never had any eye-watering vets’ bills.

fossyant

Leo, our ginger ninja had cat flu - the charity hadn't checked him out correctly, and we had to have a lot of blood tests. Fortunately it wasn't more serious, but he had bad gingivitus, and the vet recommended having his teeth out. You can't cure cat flu, only treat the symptoms. Anyway, all teeth out, grand total £1k with blood tests etc. He's been fit as a fiddle since and is now 4. Not had any issues with cat flu, not did it pass to the kittens when they arrived (all vaxxed). We insure the others, but can't insure Leo, but he has a 'health' plan.

For chrissakes, they're quite capable of looking after themselves and bear allegiance to no-one .

Then how do you explain all those knifed cats which fell victim to the Brighton cat killer? They clearly couldn't 'look after themselves'. If the cats in Brighton owed no allegiance to anyone, why did so many of them manage to crawl back towards their home while seriously or even fatally injured?

There are weirdos like that all over the place; cats, to their misfortune, seem to be 'attractive' to that sort of subhuman. I lived in a little village which had had one before I moved there - he was hounded out of the place many years ago, went to live in a nearby town and started up his nasty tricks again ...

Top Bottom