Are cycle helmets actually safe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just wonder why a F1 racer wears one?

Mark_Robson

Happiness Stan said:
I fell off whilst riding helmetless. Cracked my head hard on the edge of the curb.

Glad I wasn't wearing a helmet, could have been far worse.
Yep I dread to think what injuries you may have sustained if you'd had the extra weight of a helmet on your head. :smile:

Mark_Robson said:
Pros - Somewhere to attach your head cam
Cons - You get helmet tan. Try explaining that one away in the pub after a day's riding in glorious sunshine.

Buffs are more important than helmets for this reason..... Make them compulsory for riders with androgenic alopecia (baldness)

Fluffy said:
Pros - I don't have any hair
Cons - Forehead gets sweaty

Back to compulsory Buffs then?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Norm said:
Cons - You'll fly into a bug which will get stuck in there and wriggle about and you are sure it's a wasp and you are just waiting for the sting and you lose concentration and ride straight into a kerb stone and fall off... lucky you were wearing a helmet, eh. :smile:

Heh heh..nice one - been there...... better now I wear a scull cap and am not worried about a wiggly thing with a big needle on it's ar$e getting stuck in my hair.....:smile:

fossyant said:
Heh heh..nice one - been there...... better now I wear a scull cap and am not worried about a wiggly thing with a big needle on it's ar$e getting stuck in my hair.....:smile:

Normally im going along and a bug flies into my mouth.:smile:

Mark_Robson

Cunobelin said:
Buffs are more important than helmets for this reason..... Make them compulsory for riders with androgenic alopecia (baldness)
I'm afraid that I cannot agree with the pro compulsion buff brigade as statistics show that that full head toupee is far more effective at blocking out uv radiation. The only drawback with the full head toupee is that it can lead to rotational embarrassment.

Norm

Mark_Robson said:
I'm afraid that I cannot agree with the pro compulsion buff brigade as statistics show that that full head toupee is far more effective at blocking out uv radiation. The only drawback with the full head toupee is that it can lead to rotational embarrassment.
Do I only need this protection when outside or should I wear it at all times? :smile:

hackbike 666 said:
Normally im going along and a bug flies into my mouth.:biggrin:
You need another Buff over your mouth. :smile:

hackbike 666 said:
I just wonder why a F1 racer wears one?
Because otherwise they would look like this...
Jeremy-Clarkson.aspx.jpg

Top Bottom