Are cycle helmets actually safe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
PJ79LIZARD said:
Well they'll save you breaking your nose if you face butt the black stuff!

Cycling helmets don't cover your nose, so no. DH full face stuff excluded, but then it's unlikely anyone would use those on the black stuff.

Buff:

buffbandana1.jpg

Toupee:

hoops_weiss_drunk_on_toupee_bliss.jpg

"nuff said!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Having once been knocked off, gone over the bars, somersaulted and clouted my head on the pavement hard enough to see stars, I always wear a helmet. My helmet after that accident was cracked right down the middle, the rear strap was embedded deeply into the shell and the outside of the shell itself had a flat on it with the texture of the pavement. Without the helmet I reckon I might not be here at all or I might be typing this from a wheelchair with an eyelid-actuated keyboard.

Bandini

Pros -your mom will be happy
Cons-you'll get helmet hair

Ha! add 'and sit like a lurid mushroom on top of your head' to the cons, and that about sums it up for me!

Just tell your mum you wear one or send her some stuff from anti-compulsion sites. I think my mum might worry if I did wear one now.

Norm said:
Do I only need this protection when outside or should I wear it at all times? :rofl:

You need another Buff over your mouth. :laugh:

Because otherwise they would look like this...
Jeremy-Clarkson.aspx.jpg

Is that Jeremy Clarkson?

Happiness Stan

Mark_Robson said:
Yep I dread to think what injuries you may have sustained if you'd had the extra weight of a helmet on your head. :rofl:

And all those horrible rotational injuries, A+E waiting rooms are full of them;)

Globalti said:
Having once been knocked off, gone over the bars, somersaulted and clouted my head on the pavement hard enough to see stars, I always wear a helmet. My helmet after that accident was cracked right down the middle, the rear strap was embedded deeply into the shell and the outside of the shell itself had a flat on it with the texture of the pavement. Without the helmet I reckon I might not be here at all or I might be typing this from a wheelchair with an eyelid-actuated keyboard.

Have you ever watched "You've been framed"?

Top Bottom