Are horses intelligent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Me. He was very tasty.
And every other fudger who shopped for burgers at Tesco that week...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'd consider the local nags more intelligent if they didn't keep eating my fence posts.

Sidenote: Aren't posts usually impregnated with arsenic/chromium, or have I somehow ended up with sugarlump flavoured posts?

Andy_R

I'm still wondering how the horse recognised the horse box from about 100 yards across the road.:scratch:The next time i plan on passing that field i might take some carrots for the horses, but what if it's full of cows instead. Do cows eat carrots?
Yes, absolutely, cows eat carrots. (And Swedes....Cows are not usually recognised to be carnivorous, but they are) But only after the horses do. How else do you think they can see in the dark? And by the way, mares eat oats and Does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy.

midlife

Guru
We had a Cob called Silly William, he weighed half a metric ton but was scared by a rusting crisp packet ......but would do anything for a polo mint :smile:

Loved him to bits but would struggle to give him an IQ above our poodle :smile:

Shaun

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My father was a vet and spent most of his career treating horses. He said they were magnificent animals....but as thick as pigsh*t.

Andy_R

A friend of mine is really into medieval re-enactment (when I say a friend of mine, I actually mean a friend of mine, not me). He's a keen falconer and horseman. He reckons that owls and horses are at about the same level of intelligence. We're talking custard slice here......

Top Bottom