Are Other Bike Manufacturers Web Support Pages As Bad As Specialized's?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Cletus Van Damme, 11 Aug 2012.

1. Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

I just wondered as I am fairly new to cycling but I expected the technical support pages to be correct. My 2010 Secteur Sport triple was making creaking noises from the BB area so I decided to change the BB as it was so cheap. I decided to buy one off Ebay after consulting the technical support page for my bike and this said that the size was 68mm x 118mm so that is what I bought along with a tool for removing it. When I removed the BB it was actually a 68mm x 121mm so the one I bought according to what Specialized said is actually 3mm too short. As I said I am new to cycling but thought better of fitting it even though it is only 3mm. The ironic thing about it was that I read a review about the BB on CRC or somewhere and a guy said ignore what you read on the Specialized website as it is shite. At least I know from now on to check myself to make sure. I should of asked on here as I know I would of got the correct advice. Unless my bike has had the wrong BB fitted or something in the factory :rolleyes:

I was also going to buy a new seat post clamp off these specs, I think I will measure it first to be on the safe side.

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bikes/archive/2010/secteur/secteursporttriple#specs

2. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

Email them, they're very helpful

Cheesney Hawks likes this.
  3. as above - pick up the telephone and speak to a real person. Specialized's uk office is very helpful..

Cheesney Hawks likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

Ok thanks for the help guys. Just expected it to be right information in the first place, but I guess everyone makes mistakes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice