Are Parcel Force delivering normally?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DPD during last lockdown. I rung the depot for over 2 weeks. Kept saying tomorrow. Really pleased. Company sent a replacement via another courier. I reckon it turned up 3 weeks late instead of next day delivery. 2 20 litre bag in the box cider for the price off one. Brilliant.

£100 item outside my door and not even knocking or ringing the bell
Yodel only use Romanians here.
First one wasn't bad although he always took the parcel to the back door and liked looking through the window. Kept telling him to deliver to front door.

Second one dropped thirty odd parcels everywhere but my house. Even passed my house to look for an unoccupied house. Always dumped round the back of them. Postman collected about 20 of them and delivered them.

Third one bangs on door, didn't matter if I had to sign for it, was off down the road before I could get to the door. Often delivered between 7pm and 8pm. I was nearly always last on his delivery list. He appeared to start at 8am.

Hermes used to the best, nice looking girl. She gave her phone number out so you could contact her with problems. Dog loved her as she used to pee on her shoes. Her round just got to big insisted they half it.
Replacements kept quiting after one day as they couldn't find the houses in rural areas. Seemed to be okay now. Thank god as they pickup parcels 6 miles to nearest post office.

I despise parcel force. If your not in they take it to a post 6 miles away and you have to a pay pound to collect it. Despite it clearly saying they will make 3 attempts at delivery. What kind of delivery service is that?

By normally, do you mean shaking it, crushing it, stealing it, or delivering it to a street with a similar name 35 miles away?
😂 My wife is a Postie, she must be one of the good ones !!! Regularly comes home with bottles of wine, chocolate and biscuits that people have given her as a thank you. One elderly couple asked another postie where she was one day as missing from her round, he replied she was covering a different area for a few weeks, so they drove all the way to find her and give her a hamper of food 😳 There are the odd good ones

Drago

Legendary Member
We have a lady postie, and aside from being very pleasant on the eye she is brilliant. Some years ago the Royal Fail announced plans to move her to another patch and there was such an outcry they backtracked.

Our previous postie was about 9 feet tall and his trousers ended mid shin, so we called him "Half-Mast".

I think my wife is compassionate and a real soft spot for the elderly. She takes her time to get to know them and goes out of her way. Not all like that I am sure. Fair play to her, averages 10-12 mile walking a day, in all weathers, 5 days a week and says it’s best job she has ever had. Loves it. Mind you, Delivering round an AONB is not a bad way to spend a day

Drago

Legendary Member
Our postie is much loved, on first name terms with everyone. Mrs D is chums with her on facebook. That kind of knowledge of the community, and those connections are priceless, especially out in the villages, and I don't think the corporate bean counters at RM realise it's a value beyond mere money.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Lovely image mid rant / subtle sexism and foreigner-bashing. The “she” is disconcertingly ambiguous though, which makes it all the better. Keep ‘em coming @Notafettler
made me laugh too! Its above and beyond to pee on ones shoes, just to keep a (mildly-sexist) customer's dog happy :smile:

Our postie is much loved, on first name terms with everyone. Mrs D is chums with her on facebook. That kind of knowledge of the community, and those connections are priceless, especially out in the villages, and I don't think the corporate bean counters at RM realise it's a value beyond mere money.
100% agree. This did back fire earlier this year when one bloke took her helpfulness and friendly nature for something else and she took a few weeks away from that round and a backwards step for sometime. Her managers where superb and made the fella drive to his local depot to collect his mail rather than have it delivered 🤣

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
made me laugh too! Its above and beyond to pee on ones shoes, just to keep a (mildly-sexist) customer's dog happy :smile:
“I must just micturate on my moccasins before I start my shift, otherwise that guy’s dog wont be too happy. Have I got my sandwiches? Phone? Okay love, that’s me off. See you later! Mop up in the kitchen will you? Bye”

vickster

Legendary Member
I was expecting a parcel from DPD, they actually delivered it last Sunday, clearing space in the depot as it's getting very busy apparently! Don't leave the Xmas shopping until the last minute. Black Friday/Cyber Monday will undoubtedly be chaos too

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
All parcel companies seem to be slow. Having sent 20+ parcels last Monday via the Post Office, with another 5 on Wednesday, most haven't arrived yet.

My 'normal' Hermes driver is great, but she's gone part-time, and others can't seem to find the house despite being on a standard street for the past 25 years!

I've chosen to collect my son's Christmas present wheels today rather than trust the parcel company.

Top Bottom