Are Skyrides any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Sky Rides are aimed at getting new people into cycling. In that respect, they're great.

I went on a couple of rides to show support. They were labeled as high effort - but to be honest, I didn't break sweat. But then, it was a high effort for newcomers to the sport so can't blame the organisers.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have done the London Skyride a couple of times, and I like to get there early in the morning, the roads are closed but there are only a few cyclists out on the course. You can really get a bit of speed up on the closed roads without getting in others way, or them in yours. By about 9-9.30 the road starts to get a bit busy so it is time to go and find some breakfast on the way home.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Ipswich Skyride was excellent this year with loads of other things to do during the day. My boy had a go on one of Hilldodgers Penny Farthings as well as a crack at cycle speedway.

My only gripe was too many idiots trying to go too fast during the day but then you get idiots in every walk of life.

Ipswich Skyride was excellent this year with loads of other things to do during the day. My boy had a go on one of Hilldodgers Penny Farthings as well as a crack at cycle speedway.

My only gripe was too many idiots trying to go too fast during the day but then you get idiots in every walk of life.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
It was quite funny, the guy who I did the ride with sent me a message saying that the official number was 4000! Now I teach Maths (only to Primary children but still...) so I would hope that my estimation skills are not completely shot but there only seemed to be about 300 people there. We stayed for the first three hours and it seemed really quiet! Maybe everyone came out once we had left
sad.gif

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
We were going to do the Southmapton one a few eeks back, but I got confused! We got back off holiday Fri aftrenoon, I spent rest of day unpacking & washing, Saturday we went to watch the Pride parade, all Sunday morn had this thought i should be somewhere...Only remebered at lunch time when I checked my emails - Ooopsie!
We may go upto London for Sundays, depends on if i've recovered from the FNRTTC or not!

Top Bottom