Are stationary bikes even accurate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i tried cycling on a technogym however it seems like the watts tend to fluctuate like no tomorrow!

So I wondered are there any gym bikes that are even accurate?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Wattbike!!

Stages SC3 bikes have Stages Power Meters built in single-sided though, I think so flatter riders with stronger left legs. I'd assume they're the same power meters they sell for road bikes, so +/-2% accurate or thereabouts.

dodgy

i tried cycling on a technogym however it seems like the watts tend to fluctuate like no tomorrow!

There certainly are gym bikes that can be considered accurate in terms of power. If you really want to get into the weeds on this subject, check out https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews
The market leader is Wattbike, but there's now a whole product category of its own called 'smart trainers', some of these affordable trainers are as accurate as the Wattbike but at a fraction of the price.

Tangoup51

I'd imagine the accuracy is within to a point where it should be accepted as a 'rough estimate' rather than 'pinpoint accuracy', y'know.

CXRAndy

Guru

What are you doing in a gym!

Indoor training is the preserve of the lone mamil, who on occasion ventures out to far flung places to demonstrate their indoor prowess, with other solitary mamils. These creatures worship the high priest 'Power Meter'

Only those who worship the purest 'Power Meter' can truly say, I've have reached my peak:tongue:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What are you doing in a gym!

Indoor training is the preserve of the lone mamil, who on occasion ventures out to far flung places to demonstrate their indoor prowess, with other solitary mamils. These creatures worship the high priest 'Power Meter'

Only those who worship the purest 'Power Meter' can truly say, I've have reached my peak:tongue:
Have you been at AAAC 's wine fridge again?!? :cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom