Are Taxi drivers special?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rigid Raider said:
Okay, but to drive all day with that bloody alarm thingy going "bing bing bing"? That shows a special kind of stupidity.

A taxi story: I used to know a London cabbie called Bob Smith. Bob told me about a colleague who picked up an American at Heathrow. When he asked the American for the destination the guy replied "Stratford". The driver duly took him right across London to Stratford E15 where he asked again where the Yank wanted to go. "The Birthplace" he replied. So the driver took him to the maternity hospital.

Turns out the American wanted to see Shakespeare's birthplace.....

OT Not a 'Bob Smith' with a beard RR perchance...with a wife called Mildred?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
"Okay, but to drive all day with that bloody alarm thingy going "bing bing bing"? That shows a special kind of stupidity."

Sounds (no pun intended) like the taxi was driven by someone without the common sense or problem solving skills to avoid that.

Darwin

domd1979

Veteran
Seat belt alarms are bloody irritating - I hired a Vauxhall Astra (hate Vauxhalls but never mind) a few weeks back and the seat belt thing pinged at me most of the way home, despite the fact I was wearing the sodding seat belt!!! Obviously Vauxhall electrics are on a par with Fiat.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
domd1979 said:
Seat belt alarms are bloody irritating - I hired a Vauxhall Astra (hate Vauxhalls but never mind) a few weeks back and the seat belt thing pinged at me most of the way home, despite the fact I was wearing the sodding seat belt!!! Obviously Vauxhall electrics are on a par with Fiat.

Tinitus ? ;)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Seat belt exemptions didnt help the three taxi drivers in southampton who were robbed last year. As anyone who knows they dont get in the back if they're going to rob ya, they open the front door and put a knife to your throat.

Top Bottom