Are Tea Bags Getting Weaker....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Be fair... there is a place for poncy loose-leafed tea..........the compost heap!

TVC

Gerry Attrick said:
I thought Bewleys had gone to the wall! What wonderful establishments they were! Mind you, nowhere to park your bike in Grafton Street!

I don't know if the shops are still going, but the tea certainly is. Farm shops and delis are the place to get them, none of the multiples seem to (....unless someone knows better)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Perfect Virgo said:
I've been trying to introduce my Canadian wife to the niceties of the British cuppa. It's an uphill stuggle, what with the magnetic pull of drive-thru coffee shops every couple of hundred yards!

Canadian tea is insipid but thankfully my dealer can supply PG Tips, so normal service is resumed. :girl:

you're in the wrong province. move to vancouver island bc, they are apparently more british than the brits where tea is concerned…

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sainsbury's Assam is the best teabag tea IMHO. It's strong enough to make two strong mugs ( I don't do teapots) and has a lovely rich flavour.
Loose tea is really superior but life is short and I am old.

snorri

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Best thing is to just buy tea leaves and boil them for ten to fifteen mins.

:smile: Boiled tea is spoiled tea.:smile:

alecstilleyedye said:
you're in the wrong province. move to vancouver island bc, they are apparently more british than the brits where tea is concerned…

No, I'm in the right Province, I just checked! And 4,000 miles is a heck of a long bike ride - (I do plan to do it in the next couple of years but west to east like all good wind followers). Now, where's me cuppa...

bauldbairn

Gerry Attrick said:
There is only one species of tea bag worth mentioning..............Yorkshire Tea. Reaches the parts that can only be imagined!:smile:

Have to agree about Yorkshire Tea - prefer the "Gold" if I can get it.:wacko: The leaf tea is stronger - but the bags are less hassle.:smile:

Punjana and Nambarie aren't bad either - for a wee change!!!!:smile:

wafflycat

Growing up ion the NE of England, I was raised on Ringtons' Tea. Lovely stuff. There's nothing worse than weak, overly milky tea. Too much milk masks the taste of the tea, yet the right amount (a mere splash) adds to the flavour. I'm not one for drinking pot pourri either (earl grey - YUK!). Tea is best when made with loose tea. Water needds to be boiling - take pot to kettle, warm pot with a bit of water - empty pot. Place tea in pot (teaspoon per person) add freshly boiling water to required level. Allow tea to brew. Dependent upon tea blend and personal taste, that's anything from a couple of minutes to five minutes - hence a tea cosy may be required. It's only then that the tea should be poured for drinking.

Keith Oates

Janner
I had some Sri Lankan tea given to me once as a gift, it was so strong and black in colour that I struggled to get it down. I stick to Liptons Yellow Label and find it good and refreshing but I go easy on the milk otherwise the flavour is not so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom