Are the puncture repair kit from Poundland any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
My question is about the patches and not the tools etc.. I've been thinking about getting one of those (comes with glue, chalks, etc) but I am also wondering if there is any merit in buying those expensive kit of patches sold by CRC, Wiggle, Evans, etc. Are the more expensive better for long term use? Any difference in quality?

puncture-kit.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I only ever buy cheap puncture kits from Wilcos etc. they seem fine.

Does that one pictured really have a couple of those little rubber tubes for those valves you never see anymore?

It's a bit heavy on chalk and light on patches! 2 glue tubes tho'.

Lee_M

Guru
dont know how much these cost, but I have the Park self adhesive patches and theyre brilliant, no messing with glue etc and they just work, and take up no space in my pocket

darth vadar

Über Member
I only ever buy cheapo ones too.

Picked up one of the left over Aldi puncture repair kits for 99p yesterday, but with puncture proof resistant tyres, I am hoping I will never need to use it!

compo

Veteran
I cannot remember where I purchased it but a cheapie outfit I bought had patches that were like cardboard they were so stiff and completely unusable. I find the outfits from Wilkinsons perfectly OK, although I have never tried their glueless patches.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
They're only a quid... get one and try it?

edwardd67

Bought a repair kit from Asda yesterday, Glueless patches and 3 tyre levers.
Glueless =Useless the patches are stuck to the backing paper rendering them unusable!
Can't find receipt or be bothered to take them back.

OP
OP
rockyraccoon

rockyraccoon

Veteran
thanks.. I've used the topeak and they are great but more expensive. I am looking for a cheaper alternative for when I get home, having changed the tube on the road. I'm going to get some cheap patches however I'll invest in a better glue.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I get the Wilkinsons ones and have had no problems. I also bought a Weldtite branded box from CRC once which was identical to the WIlko one other than the label, and the fact that it cost three times as much.

Top Bottom