Are there any road bike rentals in the Peak District / Lake District?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nlmkiii

I have a friend who wants to try out cycling. I don't have a spare bike and we live a long distance from each other. We want to meet up and try out some hills in the Peak or Lake District.

I know those regions sound like a lot for a beginner... but this guy is ridiculously super fit. He's pro athlete level generall fitness, he just happens to not have ridden a bike that often! I think he would find those challenges more enticing than a casual poodle along the Monsal Trail!

So, we need a road bike. We may need to find some road shoes too (though perhaps gumtree can fix that). But I can't seem to find anywhere except one place which charges crazy money and you have to rent there for 3 days minimum!

It doesn't have to be amazing either. Just a standard road bike, aluminium is fine. Low gearing will matter.

Any tips? Any links?

Many thanks!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Why not try and avoid all the staycation traffic and organise a trip to The Yorkshire Dales, still busier than usual but nothing like the tourism in The Lakes & Peaks.
The Dales bike centre in Swaledale is excellent and they hire bikes for short periods.
https://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/pages/bike-hire-main

OP
OP
nlmkiii

nlmkiii

They both seem great. More than happy with Yorkshire too. The only downside there is I don't know the roads in Yorkshire at all and my head unit is playing up. I'm sure it will be fine though... Just have to go old school and figure out the route beforehand!

I was expecting £30ish so they are okay. It's a lot compared to European prices where you pay £20 for a £4000 carbon bike, but it will do!

vickster

Legendary Member
They both seem great. More than happy with Yorkshire too. The only downside there is I don't know the roads in Yorkshire at all and my head unit is playing up. I'm sure it will be fine though... Just have to go old school and figure out the route beforehand!

I was expecting £30ish so they are okay. It's a lot compared to European prices where you pay £20 for a £4000 carbon bike, but it will do!
Buy a map

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Pro level fitness, so he can run 4 minute miles or something?

OP
OP
nlmkiii

nlmkiii

There isn't a road bike hire business actually in the Derbyshire peak District. For this area you would need to hire in Manchester or Stockport
Bike hire in Peak District tends to be MTB

Do you have links to the places that do them in Manchester / Stockport?

beastie

Guru
I have a friend who wants to try out cycling. I don't have a spare bike and we live a long distance from each other. We want to meet up and try out some hills in the Peak or Lake District.

I know those regions sound like a lot for a beginner... but this guy is ridiculously super fit. He's pro athlete level generall fitness, he just happens to not have ridden a bike that often! I think he would find those challenges more enticing than a casual poodle along the Monsal Trail!

So, we need a road bike. We may need to find some road shoes too (though perhaps gumtree can fix that). But I can't seem to find anywhere except one place which charges crazy money and you have to rent there for 3 days minimum!

It doesn't have to be amazing either. Just a standard road bike, aluminium is fine. Low gearing will matter.

Any tips? Any links?

Many thanks!
Do you know anyone who can lend him a bike for a day? If not then
https://www.arragonscyclehire.com/

Top Bottom