Are these BB interchangable? (Shimano)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yes, they are interchangeable, but not sure what advantage the Ultegra version will give except maybe a small weight saving?

Tiagra version only £17ea at Spa Cycles. Just ordered/received a couple myself this last week. :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How long things last is like a length of string. Lots of variables.

Depends upon what you want to spend, and if it's a 'little' more then might be worth a go - you'll not notice though. Is the colour correct though ? That's more important. :whistle:

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
How long things last is like a length of string. Lots of variables.

Depends upon what you want to spend, and if it's a 'little' more then might be worth a go - you'll not notice though. Is the colour correct though ? That's more important. :whistle:
It's better lol. The bike and components are black

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
The primary question for me would be, are the bearings within the Ultegra BB the same...or better than the Tiagra.
The rest is just a few grammes of weight and aesthetics. In short it might be an Ultegra won't last any longer...if it has the same bearings within.

As Cycleops suggests, you can (i have in the past) replace the bearings in the shells if you have the ability (in my case i retro fitted some high quality bearings, the OEM ones are quite basic quality )

Top Bottom