Are these hubs serviceable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lpoolck

Veteran
The hubs in question are from my boardman team mtb (2011). They don't feel rough when spinning the wheel in my hand, but as I'm not sure if they have ever been serviced (purchased the bike second hand), I thought I'd strip them down even just to give the hub a clean and re-grease.

I can get one dust cap off but putting two 5mm allen keys into each end of the axel and turning them in an opposite direction to one another. However as you can see from the photo, it doesn't expose the bearings. Does anyone know if the hubs are serviceable, and if so, what am I missing.

Thanks

Attachments

• 781.jpg
    781.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 781 (1).jpg
    781 (1).jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20210503_191918878 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210503_191918878 (1).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 14

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Which Boardman Team - full suspension or a hard tail (makes a difference) ?

I have a 2014 Boardman FS Pro, but the hubs are lots different to some other models, so we need the info. The HT and FS models have different hubs !

Front looks like it might be through axel - pull end caps off with a needle nose plyer (but need better pics/spec of fork).

Rear looks like QR - hex keys upto 11/12mm needed.

OP
OP
Lpoolck

Lpoolck

Veteran
Thanks for the reply. It's a hard tail.

The pictures I've attached are all of the front hub. The first picture is with the 'dust cap' on. The following two pictures with the 'dust cap' unscrewed off using the description in the OP. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom