Are these tyres any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are both good Dan - experience will indicate which ones you prefer. Often, it is only when you fit something 'worse' than that which existed that you notice change. Something better is a more gradual experience.. (sounds a bit pseudo but hopeflly you know what I mean)
For example: I was using Pro Race 2 on my bike and changed the tyres for Pro Race 3. I noticed a better grip and smooth cornering.
I was using Gatorskins on my commuter - fast but prone to punctures after a while...changed to Marathon+ and now I have total confidence in their durability - but it was like cycling through treacle in comparison when I first tried them out.
Good luck with your choice.

OP
OP
D

DanPrice

Thanks Aperitif.

The tyres im using at the moment are Schwalbe Stelvio (which came on my wheels when i bought the bike)

The reason i need to change them is because ive found small cuts in the rear tyre (used for maybe 1000 miles)

The reason for posting on here was because i read alot about "commuting tyres", usually heavier and thicker? And "fast tyres", light and better rolling resistance?

Obviously im after a faster tyre rather than a slower heavier type.

knonist

I believe you will need puncture resistance more than anything if you are doing road cycling - nothing is worst than repairing a tube in a cold rainny winter evening! or puncture in the middle of the road withHDV near by.

Schwalbe Marathon Plus is pretty good for puncture resistance but may be abit heavy for you. But it is woth the extra weight.

yenrod

Dan - take a look at these - great tyre ! WET & DRY too :smile:

http://www.parker-international.co....oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid3290

Orium.jpg

yenrod

gavintc said:
why?

I use conti 4000s all the time.

BECAUSE you are looking for resistance whilst training not out-right speed ! IMO :birthday:

ie ive a heavy pair of training wheels and a pair of light racing wheels.

gavintc

Guru
yenrod said:
BECAUSE you are looking for resistance whilst training not out-right speed ! IMO :blush:

ie ive a heavy pair of training wheels and a pair of light racing wheels.

OK, that is your take. I use a heavier winter bike that provides the additional work and use conti 4000s on all my wheels. I can then use my training wheels as 'service car' wheels. I do not get many punctures and certainly not more than when I used supposed 'puncture resistant' tyres.

Top Bottom