Are these tyres directional?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blimpnoddle

I recently bought these cheapo tyres from Wiggle and would like to know if they are directional or if they can be fitted in either direction?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-road-tyre/

Either side of the central slightly 'pimpled' section, there are two strips with diagonal grooves on them but they point in different directions. The picture is misleading even if you hover and zoom because it looks as if the grooves on the outer strip are parallel but they are not, they point in the opposite direction to the grooves on the inner strip nearest to the centre section. Any help appreciated.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
With those tyres (in fact with most bike tyres, even with tread patterns), it makes no difference which way they go.

Diggs

Veteran
If they are, they would usually state on the sidewall.Here are my Edit: pretty arrows as per @Smokin Joe

tmp_19309-_20160802_1719091239319278.JPG

From a tread perspective I couldn't imagine it would make any difference on those which way they faced

OP
OP
B

blimpnoddle

Thanks a lot for the replies. I can't see any arrows or indication on the sidewalls so I guess direction doesn't matter. Even if there were arrows it seems from the above comments direction still wouldn't matter.

pawl

Legendary Member
⬆ This, I can't even wear 'days of the week socks' on the wrong day

I have cycling socks with l and r on them.Can always tell when they are on the wrong feet I keep going round in circles .

OP
OP
B

blimpnoddle

Update: I've just unwrapped one of the tyres and there is a direction arrow on the sidewall. Maybe should have done that first before starting the thread :blush:. Judging by folk here though direction doesn't seem to mater anyway.

Diggs

Veteran
Update: I've just unwrapped one of the tyres and there is a direction arrow on the sidewall. Maybe should have done that first before starting the thread :blush:. Judging by folk here though direction doesn't seem to mater anyway.
I'll leave you to mull over whether you feel the need to put them on the 'correct' way whilst I pop upstairs to find that pair of Wednesday socks

Ajax Bay

Guru
What's much more important is that you mount the tyre so that the name of the brand writing on the tyre wall is directly aligned with the valve.
From an OCD PoV, it makes sense to have the tyre treads consistent front and rear (though of course this is wrong for MTB tyres with deep tread to be used on 'mud').

Top Bottom