Are they having a laugh ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
It will be full quite quickly, so msybe they have priced it right. Not the type of thing I would pay for.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
ive done a couple of sportives at the £20 mark, and the were good fun and well organised, but the price is going up and up and the food and freebi bag are getting worse so ive stopped and gon back to rideing myself.(yes i know the freebi bags not really free )

I had noticed that as soon as they announced the TdF was going to Yorkshire, prices rocketed upwards, so a massive fee of £99 for a sportive, at least double the normal rate, actually seems par for the course. Sadly. But then again I wouldn't pay it.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Just turn up and ride it with everyone else. O.k you won't get your 'free gel/banana/stale slice of cake or a timing chip but who cares.

Last year the Chiltern 100 sportive started from Chesham not far from me. 3 of us rode over to near the start, rode the 70 mile route and rode home again making a nice 100 mile day in the saddle riding with all the other riders. We had our own food, garmin recorded everything, I even downloaded the route from their website!

jayonabike