Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hyper achievers are a rare, often not very agreeable people. Often socially awkward

These are the type of people who bring new developments to the human race.

We should be very grateful, overall these people have lifted us from living in caves to modern life

geocycle

Legendary Member
I think they're both like a lot of driven/successful people - not necessarily particularly likeable people. Wellington wasn't always that popular either.
Personally I’d rather wear a pair of wellington’s than a pair of musks.

Gillstay

Über Member
Can't stand the man, in fact I think he's just a "gob on a stick" but he does have some clever folks working for him. He just claims all the credit.

I would guess he is also the driving force behind it. He may well be odd, but we all would look odd if the press endlessly repeated every stupid thing we ever said. I know there is many a statement I wish i had not come out with and there are many I was not aware I was saying.

simongt

Guru
A recent test of five EVs, including a Telsa and a BMW to see what the actual range is as against the claimed range by the manufacturers showed that the average difference was that the actual ranges were typically a little less than 75% of the claimed figure.
Hmm. :whistle:

CXRAndy

Guru
A recent test of five EVs, including a Telsa and a BMW to see what the actual range is as against the claimed range by the manufacturers showed that the average difference was that the actual ranges were typically a little less than 75% of the claimed figure.
Hmm. :whistle:

No different to fuel economy figures. Ideal conditions and all that.

The degradation is around 3-8% after 100k miles. There are now plenty examples of million mile Teslas

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
The one in orbit doesn't count.

Edit - plese provide details, this is the only one I can find - https://insideevs.com/news/559261/tesla-models-p85-1500000-kilometers/
Other than the one sent into space, it's the only one on record* that's done a million miles.

*Including Tesla's own records.

Dadam

As posted earlier in the thread, I know someone with a model 3 who’s done 200k miles in it. And it wasn’t new when he bought it. It’s lost about 10-15 miles of range. Does a lot of driving for work. I’ve had a ride in it, it feels fine, no rattles etc. Trim and interior leather feels fine. Not like new but not feeling like starship miles either.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hyper achievers are a rare, often not very agreeable people. Often socially awkward

These are the type of people who bring new developments to the human race.

We should be very grateful, overall these people have lifted us from living in caves to modern life
"His motor" is over 100 years old though.

Interesting to remember that it was an uncle of Donald Trump who claimed the thing was unworkable, and not worth bothering about.

He was working for American intelligence who cleared Nikola Tesla's apartment out after his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom