Are women only interested in shopping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

catwoman

stevenb said:
As far as I know....all women posses an inherent ability to shop and shop for hours. It's their mindset that does it. :biggrin:

Not this woman. I am definitely not a shopper as described above. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
catwoman said:
Not this woman. I am definitely not a shopper as described above. :wacko:

No, me neither. We have to conclude that stevenb either knows a very small sample of women, or that we are particularly unrepresentative.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Arch said:
No, me neither. We have to conclude that stevenb either knows a very small sample of women, or that we are particularly unrepresentative.
Think it's probably the latter. A new shopping centre recently opened in Exeter - I felt distinctly like an outcast as so many of my female colleagues were frothing in anticipation of so many new shops opening, and several had been saving up specifically for the opening weekend.

It was a different story when a branch of Paperchase opened here though - they sell spaaarkly things and I can't go in there without spending about £20 at a time ;):biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Baggy said:
Think it's probably the latter. A new shopping centre recently opened in Exeter - I felt distinctly like an outcast as so many of my female colleagues were frothing in anticipation of so many new shops opening, and several had been saving up specifically for the opening weekend.

It was a different story when a branch of Paperchase opened here though - they sell spaaarkly things and I can't go in there without spending about £20 at a time ;):biggrin:

Oh, Paperchase is very nice. Yes, let me loose in a stationers or an art shop, or a bookshop, with a limitless budget....

Apparently York is currently frothing at the idea that we may get a Primark. While I have got some nice cheap tee-shirts from there, I can't say I'll be queueing up on the day it opens.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Oh, Paperchase is very nice. Yes, let me loose in a stationers or an art shop, or a bookshop, with a limitless budget....

Apparently York is currently frothing at the idea that we may get a Primark. While I have got some nice cheap tee-shirts from there, I can't say I'll be queueing up on the day it opens.

*adopts superior tone*
Oh, we've had a Primark in Stevenage for ages.

Anyone who's been to Stevenage won't be overly surprised at this. Still, we used to have 4 MacDonalds, and now we've only got 3, so that's progress, of a sort.

If we had a branch of Stanfords, though, I'd move in.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I don't know if women are generally interested in shopping but it does seem that they are generally crap at it. Have you noticed how they stop dead in aisle nearly causing pile ups, have chats with their mates with trollies side by side so blocking aisle, can't or won't control their brats and have their purses buried as far from their reach as possible in order to take as much time as possible retrieving every last bit of small change from it for as long as possible at the check out?

Or is it just my imagination?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Andy in Sig said:
I don't know if women are generally interested in shopping but it does seem that they are generally crap at it. Have you noticed how they stop dead in aisle nearly causing pile ups, have chats with their mates with trollies side by side so blocking aisle, can't or won't control their brats and have their purses buried as far from their reach as possible in order to take as much time as possible retrieving every last bit of small change from it for as long as possible at the check out?

Or is it just my imagination?

Well, in my case, it would be your imagination. I drive a shopping trolley as if I'm driving a car (keep to one side, be generally aware, try not to block aisles) and I carry my wallet in my pocket, and have it out in my hand by the time I get to the counter. As well as my bag open and ready to pack.

So there.

I do see plenty of chaps drifting about aimlessly, usually pushing a trolley full of crisps, beer and pot noodle, but I'd hate to generalise from that.

Arch said:
Oh god, Primark! The ladies wot I used to work with also worked themselves into a lather when it opened in Exeter. Even though it smells of wee and the desparation of sweatshop slaves...xx(:biggrin:

Arch said:
Well, in my case, it would be your imagination. I drive a shopping trolley as if I'm driving a car (keep to one side, be generally aware, try not to block aisles) and I carry my wallet in my pocket, and have it out in my hand by the time I get to the counter. As well as my bag open and ready to pack.
You're the exception then, although I'd say it was shoppers generally, not just ladies. I get very tetchy in supermarkets, people just seem too bloody stupid and ignorant to bother about what's happening around them. Ooooh, I can't see what I want on the shelf. I shall stand here with my mouth open and my trolley at the end of my arm right across the aisle so that no-one can get past. Etc. One day I will fit my trolley with a scumdozer and mow down the witless shufflefcuks and shuffling
sh!twits infesting the local Sainsburys. You'd be forgiven for thinking that the zombie apocalypse was upon us...xx(

BAH!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
None of the women I know well are particularly bothered about shopping. I don't think any of 'em would want to shop for four hours.

simoncc

I don't want Arch to accuse me of generalising but when the Trafford Centre opened in 1999ish it was regarded as a mixed blessing by we men who live near it. It attracted the women like a magnet from the day it opened and shows little sign of lessening its appeal to them. The downside of having the women out of the way at the Trafford Centre is the money they fritter there.

trio25

Über Member
I had a nice trip to the shops, or shop to precise. Wheelbase in the lakes, lots of nice clothes, snowboards and bikes I was in heaven.

Top Bottom