Are you a real cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
39 here. I counted heavy shopping but not the transportation of another bike because technicaly I was just wheeling it along not carrying it. A task which I have to say was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be but not recomended on busy roads.

dodgy

Completely flawed poll, even it it is for a laugh. Failing to make a repair is not a badge of honour.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Only 26 here but there were no no options as some of the questions couldn't apply to me although the car less one I was able to claim 14 points because I don't own and never have owned a car owing to being an epileptic.

I think those of us that have never owned a car should have got more points myself!!!

D

Deleted member 1258

56 here, the biked across Britain and the recumbent sunk me, never done either, and being chucked of public transport, I rarely go near public transport when cycling.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
0 points for me I'm afraid! My secret is out, I'm not actually a cyclist at all, I'm a big fat Barry Boy and I drive a Range Rover Sport Overfinch (white, of course), I'm married to a gaudy slapper who laughs like Sybil Fawlty, I love to drive to the pub at the end of my road every Sunday for a roast, watch the football, complain about "fakkin' cyclists, fakkin' 'ippies the fakkin' lot of 'em, fakkin' run 'em over" and I keep a weekly appointment with my cardiac surgeon who tells me each time that I'm too fat to operate on ...

deanE

Question 1 reminded me of my late father. After an accident, just before WW2, he had his knee joint removed so his left leg was completely stiff. However, this did not stop him continuing to work and he could skin up a ladder on to the roof of a house, he was in the building trade, as well as anyone. He also rode a push bike, adapting it to fixed wheel and just the chainwheel turning, the other crank welded so that it remained at the bottom and on which he could rest his "stiff" leg whilst he pedalled with his good one. One of us three kids could be accommodated on a little saddle fixed to the cross bar. Of course he was not a recreational cyclist, not sure he knew what recreation was, but cycled back and fore to work several miles every day. He eventually elevated to owning a cyclemaster, engine in the rear wheel contraption, which made his working day easier. When modernising our home, in the early 60s, he bought a new door to put on the room he was converting into a bathroom, what luxury, and was carrying this home , under his arm, whilst riding his bike. As it was a busy city road he stopped at the kerbside when he wanted to turn right across the traffic and at this point a police car drew up. Accused him of riding a bike in a reckless manner. He might have got away with it, merely pointing out that if he hadn't been in control then he couldn't have stopped as he did, but when the policeman asked "how big is that door, 7 foot?" his response of " If it is it won't fit my bloody doorway" sealed his fate. Fined £5. As he said. Expensive bloody door!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
cool.gif

Top Bottom