Are you afraid of the dark?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I mean not as in, there be ghouls and ghosts but don't like it, imagination starts working overtime.

Me and sons 1 and 2 just took the dog for a walk in the NT common by us. Dog was equipped with a flashing Cateye LED on his collar which was just as well as we could not have tracked him at all without it.

Anyway we weren't out long before sons 1 and 2 said let's go back. Both became quite silent as we walked through the forest part and then son no.1, at the back, said it felt like someone was following him. So I made some comforting remarls and took the back but we all visibly speeded up and I kept shining my rather pathetic torch backwards and sideways. Even the dog stopped roaming and came and walked by us.

Spooky ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boo..................

I used to get spooked as a kid on my paper round - one was delivering to a converted old hall (flats) that was haunted (Harrytown Hall), and the other was to big houses, set well away from the road - so dark and very quiet......

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I leave for work at 0420am and don't usually see anyone untill i reach the main road, but i always get the feeling that someone is behind me.

longers

Legendary Member
"The Thing" has followed you south Crackle ;):eek::rolleyes::eek:

Don't look behind the curtains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yenrod

Crackle said:
I mean not as in, there be ghouls and ghosts but don't like it, imagination starts working overtime.

Me and sons 1 and 2 just took the dog for a walk in the NT common by us. Dog was equipped with a flashing Cateye LED on his collar which was just as well as we could not have tracked him at all without it.

Anyway we weren't out long before sons 1 and 2 said let's go back. Both became quite silent as we walked through the forest part and then son no.1, at the back, said it felt like someone was following him. So I made some comforting remarls and took the back but we all visibly speeded up and I kept shining my rather pathetic torch backwards and sideways. Even the dog stopped roaming and came and walked by us.

Spooky ;)

If your referring to the Wirral - which I know - a bit, then I can undertand the creepy bit.

There are some sections of fields/woods that have some bigtime history.

That'd be really cool to have an led on the dogs collar.

Though, when I used to ride over by Upholland area, if you know that Crack' - the roads are narrowish and I used to find its better switching a light off (unless you have a really good light) WHY because the beam spoils the vision, as you have a concentrated beam then soo much darkness and the light hurt my eyes, so I turned it off and could see pretty well without it. And only switch it on when you get to a lighted area OR a car comes.

Was it you that posted about that noise that time on a sat. night outside:?:

Noodley

You great big jessies ;):evil::rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

yenrod said:
If your referring to the Wirral - which I know - a bit, then I can undertand the creepy bit.

There are some sections of fields/woods that have some bigtime history.

That'd be really cool to have an led on the dogs collar.

Though, when I used to ride over by Upholland area, if you know that Crack' - the roads are narrowish and I used to find its better switching a light off (unless you have a really good light) WHY because the beam spoils the vision, as you have a concentrated beam then soo much darkness and the light hurt my eyes, so I turned it off and could see pretty well without it. And only switch it on when you get to a lighted area OR a car comes.

Was it you that posted about that noise that time on a sat. night outside:?:

It was me that posted that :rolleyes: well remebered.

If you know any haunted history of the area you've got to tell me Yenners, that'd be cool. I'd organise a kids and friends walk and spook the lot of them ;) Mind you, might spook me too :biggrin:

Only been around Upholland once or twice so don't really know it.

Yeah Cateye on the dog was really good. I thought dog's had crap eyesight in the dark but he was everywhere and at speed too. We did turn the lights off a few times. It wa probably that that spooked the kids.

yenrod

Crackle said:
It was me that posted that :rolleyes: well remebered.

If you know any haunted history of the area you've got to tell me Yenners, that'd be cool. I'd organise a kids and friends walk and spook the lot of them ;) Mind you, might spook me too :biggrin:

Only been around Upholland once or twice so don't really know it.

Yeah Cateye on the dog was really good. I thought dog's had crap eyesight in the dark but he was everywhere and at speed too. We did turn the lights off a few times. It wa probably that that spooked the kids.

An area that reaped off ships and trade'....

Theirs a good story about a sunken ship in the mersey,..and a security guard on watch..who was supposedly visited by a chained sailor.

Ive heard of stories of monks and such like in that area.

Maz

Guru
We once parked a minibus full of kids at the back of a shop which was lit up by a timed infra-red security light. Kiddies were fine until the light timed out and they were plunged into darkness. One kid screamed which set the others screaming in a chain reaction. I thought it was hilarious!

Top Bottom