Are you clean shaven, beard or stubble ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Clean shaven, but not as often as I used to since giving up work.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I prefer to be clean shaven but I don't really like shaving, so I probably have short stubble most of the time. I used to have sideburns and a goatee when I was a teenager, just because it saved me showing ID!

Gunk

Guru
Now I’m not going into an office everyday, I shave about three times a week. I’ve never grown and beard or moustache.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Friday or Saturday evening and that tends to be it for the week. After a week my "beard" is what some people have after a couple of days. And even when I have had the patience or CBA attitude to grow a reasonable amount of facial hair, Mrs B isn't keen on the look.
When I was working I would shave for external meetings, but that was only part of the psychological preparation.

Drago

Legendary Member
Form an orderly queue ladies.

20240519_090219.jpg

When you're a bassist in a rock band you tend to do daft things like this.

Recently my dear friend Hulk Hogan has started copying my style.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Full short beard neatly trimmed.
Had a beard for 40 years now.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Proper shaving with a DE razor and some nice saving soap and aftershave. Mostly because it's a bit of self care and I enjoy the ritual. Plus I tend to get chapped lips and it's much more comfortable without stubble.

I've previously had many types of facial hair, from full beard to handlebar tache to ridiculous burns. It's a laugh, innit.

Had a moustache for several years then went for a full beard
which turned out to be a bit reddish/ginger but looked OK to me

Shaved it off after a few years and have been clean shaven ever since - at the time it was starting to turn grey so it had to go

Always use a wet shave - normally in the shower so the hot water has had a chance to soften it up a bit

Been using a 5 blade Gillette Fusion for many years - because it works for me - before that I always used cheapo Bic razors - they used to last me several months each - worked fine except when I changed to a new one which tended to cut me for the first day or so for some weird reason

Don;t shave every day anymore since I finished working - generally every 2 days or so

I have a Circle, extended goatee, or Van Dyke beard depending on how you define such things and if I was concentrating while shaving that morning.

I recently heard this about a Van Dyke, which I think is rather marvellous:

Columnist Edith Sessions Tupper, of the Chicago Chronicle (1895–1908), condemned this style, along with the goatee, as indicative of a man "who was selfish, sinister, and pompous as a peacock."

I want to make a T-shirt with this.

I shave every couple of days with a "Safety Razor" which works far, far better than more modern alternatives, a fact known to shaving companies when they marketed their new 'disposable razors', but the disposables have higher profit margins.

I have a Circle, extended goatee, or Van Dyke beard depending on how you define such things and if I was concentrating while shaving that morning.

I recently heard this about a Van Dyke, which I think is rather marvellous:

I want to make a T-shirt with this.

I shave every couple of days with a "Safety Razor" which works far, far better than more modern alternatives, a fact known to shaving companies when they marketed their new 'disposable razors', but the disposables have higher profit margins.

I am sure it is easy but I have never used one I find the concept a bit scary!!!

When I started shaving it was with an electric one - which I stuck to for many years - so my Dad never showed me how to use a proper razor

Top Bottom