Are you clean shaven, beard or stubble ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Not sure I would look cool with a beard
what with the "head of less hair than average" and all that

On another note
those who wet shave - what lubricant do you use (stop sniggering at the back - you know what I mean!!!)
I sometimes just use a bar of soap but normally use shave gel
I find that one can of gel last for months if I use the absolute minimum every time
(unlike the adverts where they seem to use half a can to shave one hair!!!)

Just a can of shaving foam does the job

Just a can of shaving foam does the job

I find the foam cans last much shorter period of time than the gel - so I get the gel

presta

Guru
what lubricant do you use (stop sniggering at the back - you know what I mean!!!)
At home I use gel, but I'm not making room for a can of that in the pannier when I'm touring, so I use shampoo then, just because it's a liquid, and more convenient to put on than working up a lather with a bar of soap. It's noticeably not as good though.

On another note
those who wet shave - what lubricant do you use (stop sniggering at the back - you know what I mean!!!)
I find that one can of gel last for months if I use the absolute minimum every time

I use a bar of shaving soap; I find regular soap is too watery.

A year or so ago my wife's nephew offered me a very good quality cut throat razor that he had bought himself ages ago as a treat
Great looking thing in a presentation case

He has been advised to not use it by his doctor as he has epilepsy and if he has a fit when using it the only the Gods know what might happen

He ignored them

Now his partner has told him to never use it and he isn;t dumb enough to ignore her (seriously - she is scary!!)

so he offered it to me - but I know I would never use it so I turned it down

I do think maybe I should have taken it and had a go!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a Circle, extended goatee, or Van Dyke beard depending on how you define such things and if I was concentrating while shaving that morning.

I recently heard this about a Van Dyke, which I think is rather marvellous:

I want to make a T-shirt with this.

I shave every couple of days with a "Safety Razor" which works far, far better than more modern alternatives, a fact known to shaving companies when they marketed their new 'disposable razors', but the disposables have higher profit margins.
That describes someone I know better than anything else I've read, and he has a goatee.

tyred

Legendary Member

On another note

I use traditional shaving soaps or creams with a brush. I just prefer it to any of the canned products.

No need to buy any of the posh, heavily scented stuff unless you really want to. Palmolive is good, as is Erasmic if you can find it. Wilkinson Sword sell a shaving soap which is cheap and easily available. Boots do their own brand too.

Drago

Legendary Member
That describes someone I know better than anything else I've read, and he has a goatee.
Was it a goatee or was he merely halfway though eating a rat?

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
My beard was grown as a participant in a beard-growing competition on board a ship that was stuck at sea for five weeks. On going ashore, I chanced to see a strangely clad woman walking along the street. I puzzled for a moment and then the truth dawned: it was not a woman but a clean-shaven man. In those few weeks a key difference between men and women had become the presence or absence of a beard. At the time this caused a chuckle; but now, after several decades, I still have the beard and clean-shaven men always seem to have a touch of the dandy about them.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

On another note

proper shaving soap and a brush - it lasts for ages and is way better than canned crap and a "proper " DE razor. not only do you get a better shave, its way way cheaper than multi blade cartridge razors like your mach 84 or whatever number Gillette are up to now.

1716275271325.png

1716275380254.png

Top Bottom