Are you clever enough to watch a Tom Stoppard play? - Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
5/7. and I knew the answers rather than guessed.

looks like I had a better English edumacation than I thought I did. just goes to show not passing the "o level/GCSE " didn't actually matter.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I`ld like to flip this round a little.

Tom Stoppard, do you know...

1- The correct torque to apply to a cassette lock ring?
2- The technique to remove tyres without tyre levers?
3- Which side has the pedal with the unusual thread direction?
4- How to adjust a headset?
5- Rule 5?
6- How much float you get with yellow SPD-SL cleats?
7- The correct length of sock to create that pro cyclist look?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
6/7
It would have been 7/8 if there had been a supplementary question of "Is Tom Stoppard a nobber?"

Just idle curiosity, but do you have a reason, or just random flippancy?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I saw Jumpers, and Rosencrantz and Guildernstern, many moons ago at the National. Loved 'em, you fecking bunch of two-wheeled philistines:whistle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I saw Jumpers, and Rosencrantz and Guildernstern, many moons ago at the National. Loved 'em, you fecking bunch of two-wheeled philistines:whistle:

I loved the film of Rosencrantz & Guilderstern - even though I'd not then seen Hamlet, so I didn't follow exactly what was happening. Saw it again on stage in an excellent production in town - this time after seeing Hamlet. Maybe Stoppard is a bit on the "clever" side, but so what when it's so entertaining; it's perfectly "accessible" ? I particularly enjoyed a TV play I saw in the 70s - professional foul, about philosophers at a conference in eastern Europe (during the cold war). Various antics ensue, whilst the lead character is treating it as an excuse to bunk off to a football game. I've never seen a Stoppard I've not thoroughly enjoyed. Arcadia's another great one.

Top Bottom