Are you clever enough to watch a Tom Stoppard play? - Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Anyhow he is being a winging twat who should be better at building layers of accessibility into his works. They manage it in The Simpsons for goodness sake.
winging? I think we should be told....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 3527366, member: 259"]6/7 (no guesses) but I'd sooner have root canal work than watch any of this plays.[/QUOTE]
5/7. Never seen any of his plays but he gets droned on about in the culture supplements in the weekend papers. As an aside: I would actually prefer to have root canal work done without anaesthetic than watch a second film by Ingmar Bergman. Miserable pale blonde ladies with sad eyes gazing at endless birch trees before reaching for pieces of shattered glass to slash their painfully thin wrists.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hmmm I had him more as a bottle of cider and 10 Rothmans sort of a chap.
Spot on! Although I had moved on to roll ups via Winstons by then:thumbsup:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I got 4/7, but 3 of them were lucky guesses. Sorry Mr Stoppard, but it's all about what appeals and what doesn't. You can write what you like, but if Johnny Public doesn't go for it, then... that should tell you something. Assuming you want to earn a living from it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I got 4/7, but 3 of them were lucky guesses. Sorry Mr Stoppard, but it's all about what appeals and what doesn't. You can write what you like, but if Johnny Public doesn't go for it, then... that should tell you something. Assuming you want to earn a living from it.

That's told him!

Maybe if he turned his hand to Les Mis or Phantom of the Opera type shite...

Top Bottom