Are you drinking too much...water?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have given myself a headache in the past by drinking too much water, too quickly in hot weather, but I have also got very dehydrated when not drinking enough.

I need to drink more water when I am overweight and unfit. I noticed that my needs reduced by about 50% when I got down to 12 stone. When unfit, I drink about 500 mL an hour, perhaps 600 - 700 mL an hour on very hot days. I add some salt to the drinks I make up for my rides. If I did an 8 hour ride on a hot summer day, I'd end up caked in salt from my sweat and that would need replacing.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
In hot weather I have been known to add those fizzy mineral tabletty things to my bottle. I tend to let my normal desire for drink to rule when I sup. No guzzling usually. Seems "common" sense works best :thumbsup:

Davidc

Guru
Interesting link. I missed the Panorama (I've missed a lot the past month or so because of a time shortage).

I've always just drunk what my body tells me it wants, and generally only have a dehydration problem if my bottles run dry. I don't drink as much now I'm older and slower than in my youth, and even then never noticed any over hydration issues.

I can remember being told at school not to drink during exercise - an instruction I consistently ignored.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Probably this one, originally broadcast last July. (Available for another 6 months on iPlayer.)
You know, I knew someone would post that link. A program which has nothing to do with most of the threads it's involved in. No surprise that the overarching theme hasn't changed.

Yet here we are. I'm off to put the kettle on.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
My sport drink (drink in general actually) of choice is milk.
Milk and "sport drink" in the same sentence. :laugh: I heard on the grapevine recently that Team Sky keep a cow in a special part of a team bus.

When it's beyond milking, she's sold to Contador's butcher

Top Bottom