Are you ever tempted to II.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Remember being in halfords one morning buying inner tubes and seeing the sales guy say no you defo want this full sus bike mate for the roads round here.
If I remember rightly I shouted LIAR! before leaving.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I often can't help sticking my oar in. With a decent local shop, whatever it sells, I will advise and still try to get a sale in for the local shop. In the corporate sheds I will just advise, however I can't always disrespect the shed as I am in there buying stuff too.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've done this in PC W*rld before and pointed out to some customers
who's eyes had glazed over during a turgid sales pitch that the laptop they were being coursed into buying was cheaper at Dixons.

The salesman then tried to ask me to leave the shop and called over the manager. He and I had a lovely and rather loud chat about how if it wasn't for their bungling repairs section having lost Mrs. tdr1nka's laptop and us only having PC W*rld vouchers to redeem the cost I wouldn't otherwise be seen dead in his 'shop'.

Fuggin Fuggers.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
tdr1nka said:
I've done this in PC W*rld before and pointed out to some customers
who's eyes had glazed over during a turgid sales pitch that the laptop they were being coursed into buying was cheaper at Dixons.

Fuggin Fuggers.

Erm, I may be wrong here but aren't PC world and Dixons under the same ownership?
Both a heap o' sh1te anyways.

bonj2

TheDoctor said:
Erm, I may be wrong here but aren't PC world and Dixons under the same ownership?
Both a heap o' sh1te anyways.

Yes they are. As is Currys, and 'The Link' mobile phone shop and various outlets in eastern europe. (The stupidness of which may be what trd1nka was trying to point out?)

Still, a story that went round when I worked there, which I've no reason to doubt, which is that dixons once SUED currys (or vice versa) over some staffing matter of some description.

bonj2

I was once in the LBS browsing when some foreign women came in trying to get a puncture repaired (:angry:) and were told they'd have to book it in 'cos they were busy, I was tempted to "undercut" them and just do it outside, but resisted.

bonj2

I think what I'd do (and I think probably have done) is if a customer was being 'sold' a product on the basis of what I'd overheard and judged to be shoddy descriptions or overpromises, I'd try and step in alongside the customer and try to pretend to be interested in it aswell, but then mount a robust argument with the salesman about the credibility of the product, dragon's den stylee, which the customer would no doubt listen intently to.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Bonj you are correct about the PC W*rld & Dixons connection, the funny thing was that I had seen the price difference online before we had gone to said 'shop'(Mrs. tdr1nka was looking at the same laptop)and PC W*rld were doing an 'if you can find a better price elsewhere, we'll refund the difference' promotion, which didn't exclude Dixons in the small print.
As I have never and will never buy from electrical shops like these it was completely by fluke I got the chance to stick my oar in.

Mrs. t got a replacement laptop and I got in a good constructive rant, in a store full of customers, on the state of 'so called' customer service in these high street bordellos of overpriced trinkets!

Thank you PC W*rld & Dixons!

bonj2

tdr1nka said:
Mrs. t got a replacement laptop and I got in a good constructive rant, in a store full of customers, on the state of 'so called' customer service in these high street bordellos of overpriced trinkets!

Thank you PC W*rld & Dixons!

:biggrin:excellent
on the flip side I always enjoy giving an audible groan or an under-the-breath-but-loud-enough-anyway "don't think I'll bother then!" accompanied by purposely placing the product i'm holding down on a shelf where it isn't supposed to go before walking out, if I see someone else in the process of such a rant, to let them know it's succeeded.

Top Bottom