Are you ever tempted to II.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
bonj said:
:biggrin:excellent
on the flip side I always enjoy giving an audible groan or an under-the-breath-but-loud-enough-anyway "don't think I'll bother then!" accompanied by purposely placing the product i'm holding down on a shelf where it isn't supposed to go before walking out, if I see someone else in the process of such a rant, to let them know it's succeeded.

Should really change my forum name to 'Angry of New Cross'.
Lovely spider BTW.:angry:

Trillian

I go baiting sales people in car dealerships, PC world ("is it compatible with a mac?" being the way of ending any discussion) and halfords.

I have once made a sale in my old LBS, ending it with "i'll just have to get keith to put it through the till for you" and wandered up to the workshop.

I wandered in to the cycle shop formerly known as Yellow Jersey in Camden last year and overheard a sales muppet state that 'the Mezzo is much better than the Brompton on every level'. When asked to demonstrate the folding action he fumbled a bit and then went off to find the 'expert'. I sidled up to the punter and said 'I bet the expert can't fold it either', grabbed a Brompton and folded it up and down twice before the two muppets returned and casually mentioned that we had several Mezzos in our fleet which we were replacing because they're so shite. The 'expert' sales muppet couldn't work out how to fold the Mezzo and the guy gave me a big old grin as I left. Sweet.

Theres nothing I like more than exposing muppetry in bike shops.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Done so in Halfords, largely because the people at the counter weren't interested in advising the customer at all. As he was fairly determined to get the bike from the big H, I steered him towards the Boardman and Carrera subways as the best bet for the sort of riding he was doing.

Top Bottom