Are you fit ?

Are you physically fit ?

• NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YES

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

i should add ....im more cycle fit than anything else....if that makes sense?

i cant run as hard as i can cycle, in fact i cant do much as well as i can cycle

i voted yes, but i feel like i've lied:smile: i've just got back from a 100 mile ride in the wind and rain on fixed and feel more like death warmed up than fit:biggrin:
but it doesn't half feel good to sit down on something soft and be warm and cosy

piedwagtail91 said:
i voted yes, but i feel like i've lied:smile: i've just got back from a 100 mile ride in the wind and rain on fixed and feel more like death warmed up than fit:biggrin:
but it doesn't half feel good to sit down on something soft and be warm and cosy

You are right to feel guilty. A truly fit person would have averaged 25 mph and towed a caravan. :ohmy:

I cycled round Lake Vyrnwy this morning and gave up when it started to rain. :biggrin::blush::biggrin:

I cycled round Lake Vyrnwy this morning and gave up when it started to rain. :ohmy::blush::biggrin:[/QUOTE]

ha:smile::biggrin:
i cycled round that lake with a clubmate a couple of years ago. very nice place when the sun shines:smile:

piedwagtail91 said:
I cycled round Lake Vyrnwy this morning and gave up when it started to rain. :ohmy::blush::biggrin:

ha:smile::biggrin:
i cycled round that lake with a clubmate a couple of years ago. very nice place when the sun shines:smile:[/QUOTE]

I thought I'd pick up some tarts' miles by going round and round it, because the last time I was there, I did a circuit from Llangollen which involved the Hirnant pass which nearly killed me. Little did I reckon how wimpy I'd be when I'd got the easy option of getting back into the car.

walker

I'd say I am fairly fit, alot fitter in the saddle than I was a few years ago, Hill's used to be a real killer, now I can take them in my stride.

papercorn2000

Not as fit as last year. I've been going like a donkey all season. The only upside is that my sprinting has improved (due, I believe, to having changed my weight-training) so I actually figured in a few bunch gallops.
Still, much fitter than most 20-year-olds.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Relatively fit, i would say. Relative to what tho....

Vicky Pendleton? No.
The girls at work? Yes definitely. [Quote "i couldn't be arsed to cycle 17 miles to work"... me thinks... that's why you're 22 and already look like a fat 40 year old mum. Yep, I'm a bitch :ohmy: but i didn't say it out loud!]

Also, i would say i am more aerobically fit that anaerobically fit (spelling?) in that i have a good cardio system but i could do with a bit more muscle strength if that makes sense. i'm very tall and find it hard to build up muscle. i would like stronger legs but i suppose i would have to go weight training for that and the gym is just so booooring.

papercorn2000

I started going to Body-pump classes, I was getting bored of weights and someone suggested that it was ideal for endurance-type athletes. I go once or twice a week and really enjoy it (I'd never used any classes at the gym before).

buggi

Bird Saviour
funnily enough i used to do body pump. you don't realise how good it is until you stop. i might go again now you mention it. wish they did a home dvd.

Noodley

I have spent this year riding audax events of upto 600k. I have stopped going to the gym, stopped running and stopped focused turbo training. I have also eaten an awful lot more than I did last year, mostly as I find myself craving rubbish for the few days after an audax.

I have lost a lot of fitness and speed compared to last year but have gained a lot of stamina. Perhaps next year I shall combine the two :ohmy:

As for being fit - no. :biggrin:

Top Bottom