1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you gay?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mickle, 10 Dec 2007.

?
  1. Yes I am proper gay.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I once had a drunken fondle but I dont dwell on it.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I swing both ways.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. No, I am not remotely gay.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. If the number of homosexual individuals in the country is supposed to be something like 10%, how is they gay community represented in our membership?

Not that it matters what someones sexual orientation is of course.

2. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I regularly get thought of as such (seriously), but no I am not. On Friday night I had a middle-aged gay guy blowing kisses at me across a crowded bar: I think it's because our eyes met at some point earlier, and he took that as a come-on (but, as documented, I have no idea of social codes and all that stuff, so any lead on was unintentional). So, no I am not, but people seem to think I am. Perhaps I should wear less pink or something.

3. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I think I may be a lesbian.

4. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Well you're in Brighton so that's a start...:tongue:

5. LLB

LLB Guest

Never felt the urge !
    I feel sorry for those who cannot come to terms with it, or have to live with open hostility, by we live in a conservative society, and any acts of affection by gay or straight in public spaces are looked upon with disdain !

6. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Why is the 'not remotely gay' bar pink :tongue:

7. Gotcha!

8. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I've never been to a "not remotely gay" bar, but I've been to many gay bars:

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Wot really happy ones?

Whaddya mean 'Gotcha' ?!!!!!!!

Edit: I didn't spot that link first time - Holy cow!

10. Jaded

Jaded New Member

I don't live in the Orkneys, so I can't be remotely gay. :tongue:

11. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

A few of my colleagues have implied that I am gay, probably because of th long hair, shaved legs & lycra. Don't think the Mrs Goth would be too chuffed about it though.

12. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I am Bi, as opposed to 'swinging both ways'

• Yes I am proper gay. Because there is nothing subtle about homosexuality, folks - they are either raving, or in the closet.
    • I once had a drunken fondle but I dont dwell on it. Because being gay is wrong
    • I swing both ways. Bit of a larf, no-one can seriously stake a claim to liking both, they are just horny zarks
    • No, I am not remotely gay. Because I am decent, and proper, and I would damn well disown my son if he ever turned out to be one of those nancy-boys

I'm mildly offended by the wording of the poll, and the above says in italics exactly what you wrote says to me.

If this poll was done in jest, I may have missed the punchline! But if it is serious, it is kinda offensively worded, I think.

13. im one of the biggest gays you can find:biggrin::tongue::tongue:

14. I think everyone is gay to a degree. I've never had amorous thoughts about another man, but I'm capable of noticing when a bloke is handsome. I'd say I was maybe 2% gay, admittedly with absolutely no quantitative basis for that figure whatever.

15. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

That sounds a bit like playing Russian Roulette with gay to me