Are you interested in cycle sport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

:smile: Logging on this morning I noticed that one person was viewing the Racing section, thirty two CycleChat Cafe and twenty three Soapbox.
Not wishing to be dogmatic, but it seems that most of the people who view this site are more interested in the everyday trivia of our lives, than are commited to things cycling!
It is also no coincidence that OCF seem to have the same split.
Don't get me wrong! I'm all for healthy debate and am probably as guilty as others. It does seem a pity though with all that is happening within the racing world at present we seem to be suffering from, "can't be doing with it all" fatigue.
Has anyone else noticed this trend, and what are your suggestions on this topic? I would be interested to hear your views. ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Personally, I love cycling as a way of keeping healthy and getting out in the countryside, but I have very little interest in racing etc...
Plus I enjoy spouting drivel on here when I ought to be concntrating on work or paying the bills. ;)

bonj2

The problem is, with a few exceptions, most tales of people's everyday cycling experiences are going to be largely boring - not to mention the same every day. And I'm sorry, but whether or not somebody has failed a drugs test and sacked from his team doesn't really interest me either - the reason being? It's not news. It happens all the time. Dont' get me wrong, I'll watch a cycle race on telly if it's on. But all the news ever seems to be about is whether somebody has taken drugs or not - first he's accused, now he's denied it, then he's tested, then he complains, then he's found positive (oooh, big excitement), then his team claims there's a problem with the tests, yadda yadda yadda, yeah yeah yeah - heard it all before.

Tetedelacourse

Giro I think the problem is that the majority of the racing bods from C+ who concern themselves with the professional circuit stayed with Bikeradar and didn't make the transition here.

Even while the tour was on, OK it was pretty lively but only because of a handful of us who seemed to be following it and posting regularly.

Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse said:
Giro I think the problem is that the majority of the racing bods from C+ who concern themselves with the professional circuit stayed with Bikeradar and didn't make the transition here.

Even while the tour was on, OK it was pretty lively but only because of a handful of us who seemed to be following it and posting regularly.

ps are you from Glasgow? That's where most fans of the giro that I know live!;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You line 'em up tete....;)

...and I'll do summat rude with them...

I really enjoy cycling for MY OWN pleasure and health.
I like to watch cycling on TV (not really a live-sport event, except in some cases), but with recent 'winners' and other participants found to be cheating, I'm rapidly losing interest.

I enjoy playing golf for my own pleasure (well, sometimes), but I have almost NO interest in watching the game live or on the box.

Cyclists tend to be like-minded people; i.e. sharing the same experiences (weather, routes, equipment, moans etc.) and here on the forum, we have a chance to offer our views and opinions, and, in many cases, ask for and give advice, but I'm not too keen on discussing the merits of pro cycling with others. I have no real opinion or deep interest, I suppose.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Tetedelacourse said:

Agreed. Race-stuff is really alive and well on BR. Audax is really popular on ACF, general everyday cycling bonhommie and teeth gnashing seems to be the style here.
I'm interested in cycle-sport but not madly, I do TT's from time to time and our club night is fairly competitive, but here is the place for general chillin' chattin' musin' and mental mass-debating with others of a cycling bent ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
No interest in cyclesport, me. I'm here to natter to people who generally have an interest in bikes and cycling of some sort, but not necessarily sport...

domtyler

Über Member
I have a racing license but only enter about four or five open RRs and the same number of time trials in a season. I am toying with the idea of going for my Cat 3 next season but don't know if I'll make it. Like watching cycling on the box and buy a mag every now and again.

I really just like chatting pure shite among folk who all share a love of cycling, whatever type their in to. Also I think there are plenty of cycling related threads on here.

Top Bottom