Are you lot going to Manchester Velodrome this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

birdie1 said:
Apologies Redbike! Im with ya now-yeah read ya email. Come in number 9-DOH!

No problems Biff ;)
Glad to see I made an impression!

Kirky

I won't be there, however I will be sat at home with plenty of lager watching it live and also watching the replays in the comfort of my sofa! :tongue:

Skip Madness

Well, I had a great time earlier on. It was a fair old drive there and back, but it was worth it for what came in between. The highlights for me were the heats and final of the women's points race and the fabulous conclusion to the men's kilo.

I think it was scheduled fairly poorly to be honest, though. To my mind the whole thing would have been better running two hours earlier: have a morning/afternoon session of 1030-1555 and an evening session of1650-2040. The velodrome was more or less at capacity for the evening session until about 2030/2100, when families with kids started to leave. By the time it came to the men's kilo the place was no more than half full, although the atmosphere did not suffer too much. Even we reluctantly missed the medal presentations for the women's sprint and the men's kilo as we wanted to get moving for the drive back.

One thing worth noting was the total lack of any kind of security. We were never even asked to show our tickets. We could literally have walked right in without paying a penny and watched from the standing area over the banking and taken seats during the times when lots of people had not yet arrived/had already left. Anyone who missed out on tickets might want to give it a try.

Priscilla Parsley

I thought it was great, good atmosphere, I am a newcomer to track cycling (yes since the Olympics) but I am hooked now my hands were sore from clapping due to clean sweep from GB I was able to stay till the very end as I cycled there, so i did a good time home with all that inspiration.

robgul

Legendary Member
A great outing - I was there from 1230-2200 Fri & Sat - fantastic value too at only £14 a day.

Saturday I was sitting on the finish line, 5 rows back - saw poor old Jason skid over the line after the Aussie had him off (albeit accidentally)

Great results for Team GB

Rob

I don't think I'll ever make it as a trackie - a number of the men's kilo competitors were so far gone as to have to be physically lifted from their bikes and then allowed to collapse and come round again after 5 minutes. Serious commitment !

I was amused to see Vicky P parading around the infield in her sports bra, peeled-down skinsuit and knee-length furry boots.
Interesting fashion combo !

The Sunday session is now on telly, so I'd better off and watch it...

claver58

Über Member
Rob - we were there Fri and Sat in 3rd from front - so 2 rows in front of you on the finish line. A great weekend - GB took 14 of the 17 golds on offer and took 1st and 2nd in the invitation JKA Keirin event. A great weekend and now looking forward to Revolution.

Hey, I was two rows back from the finish line on Saturday! It was bloody hot in there. I would hate to see their heating bills. Loved Jason Keely's celebration on winning the sprint whilst on the floor wrapped around his bike.

Jason Kenny

_45165594_-28.jpg

_45165539_-18.jpg

_45165595_-30.jpg

Ouch...

Ravenz

Saturday was FANTASTIC value for money @ £14... the HIGHLIGHT for me was the absolute masterclass by Chris Newton in the points race... he was just awesome in his pacing, tactics and absolute dominance over the other riders.. just a delight to watch!

Top Bottom