Are you using the correct QR skewer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Spending quite a bit of time on the turbo at the moment whilst my broken wrist recovers more. Mid week I was coming to the last 300m or so on a Bkool session and was building speed when the bike wriggled out of the turbo clamps! Thankfully no harm done but was a cause of concern that it happened so quickly and without warming.

Was checking and double everything before another session this morning when I noticed that the turbo bike still had the QR skewer for our Tacx on it and the flat profile was barely catching either side on the Bkool.

It was then I remember Mrs SG took the bike and 'dumb' Tacx turbo to a tri training session over the winter and we'd not changed the skewer back when she came home so was an accidental waiting to happed. Spend 10 minutes this morning colour coding each QR to it's respective turbo and plan to fit the Bkool skewer through the roller mount points on the base when it is removed again.

Scary moment I don't want to have happen again ^_^

Bkool QR
image.jpeg

Tacx QR
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
There are 2 versions of the bkool skewer.

The Pro version, the first picture.

Then the Classic version, the second picture.

I use the second picture type in two of my bikes

OP
OP
U

User33236

There are 2 versions of the bkool skewer.

The Pro version, the first picture.

Then the Classic version, the second picture.

I use the second picture type in two of my bikes
Unfortunately I have the Pro version and the one in the second image doesn't quite fit.. as I found out :laugh:

OP
OP
U

User33236

I always check that for tightness every time. Think I need to so a safety checklist now lmao.

Top Bottom