Are you watching the 2018 Re -cycle TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'd much prefer if they showed Tours from the fifties, sixties and seventies. We all know what happened in 2018 but though most of us have read about the exploits of past greats we have no real idea of what the sport was really like back then as it never featured on TV in this country. Cycling has a rich history which is unfortunately ignored by today's media which likes to give the impression that the sport didn't exist before Lance Armstrong.

I'd much prefer if they showed Tours from the fifties, sixties and seventies. We all know what happened in 2018 but though most of us have read about the exploits of past greats we have no real idea of what the sport was really like back then as it never featured on TV in this country. Cycling has a rich history which is unfortunately ignored by today's media which likes to give the impression that the sport didn't exist before Lance Armstrong.

I doubt they have enough TV footage in the archives from those eras to make a decent series. There are plenty of films of previous tours on YouTube.

Top Bottom