Argentina V Nigeria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Weak at the back though, much as they are dominating play they could have been behind had Nigeria been more clinical.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

I agree, since the initial 10 minutes the have gone off the boil, quite defensive now. Should be 3-0 up though by now.

mangaman

I agree - a decent result for Argentina.

The Nigerian goalie looked good - could easily have been 3 or 4 nil.

I can't believe they left Messi alone - he had as much time and space as he wanted.

Surely you'd put someone on him as an opposing manager as your first decision - then build the team around that.

The others - Tevez/Veron etc were OK but not terrifying.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
It was an comfortable win for Argentina against a team that was never expected to do much but make up the numbers.

twas a good game, and Argentina looking very strong

mangaman

Good to see Maradonna looking as mad as a bag of frogs.

He reminded me a bit of Roy Keane in his Sunderland years, when his beard got longer in inverse proportion to his judgement.

montage

God Almighty
shame all the argentina players and supporters didint spontaneously combust

mangaman

montage said:
shame all the argentina players and supporters didint spontaneously combust

Bit harsh ;)

I like Messi especially - he always comes across as very gracious, humble and considering his talent, very level headed.

So different to our own much loved stars, like Ashley Cole and John Terry for example.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

mangaman said:
Bit harsh ;)

I like Messi especially - he always comes across as very gracious, humble and considering his talent, very level headed.

So different to our own much loved stars, like Ashley Cole and John Terry for example.
Rooney seems pretty level headed though. Nice bloke.

Top Bottom