Argh & Awww!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woz!

Yep, I've got shoes under my desk too!
I could bring them in each day if it ever caused a problem though - I did when I first started riding.

PP, where do you work - a concentration camp? Your boss should be made an example of; you choose to commute in a way which keeps you fitter than most of the rest of the workforce (and thus probably take less time off ill), your mode of transport benefits us all and he elects to chew you off about shoes under desks. The man's an 24 carat ar$e, and he deserves some exposure in the media.

Bman

Guru
Facilities at my workplace *always* favor the motorist :tongue:

The bikeracks newly installed at the new site took a year to be installed... then they chose the furthest possible car parking space, to install them. (they are the stupid ones where you have to back the bike into them on a rail then flip over an arm and lock with a U lock. I find they damage the rear derailleur) They are also unsheltered, but within a secure compound.

Ivan Ardon said:
You're not allowed a pair of shoes under your desk? Astonishing!

That rule would put a bit of a crimp on my day. Non-work related stuff under and around my desk includes the normal things like work shoes, spare shirts, pair of trousers, smart suit (so far unused), plus a two man tent, two sleeping bags, an oscilloscope, NIHM charger, four foot of scaffold pole, electric drill, grit blasting gun, toiletries, towel and tins of soup, crispbreads and bananas

you sound like an interesting kind of person

whats the scaffold pole for?

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
xpc316e said:
PP, where do you work - a concentration camp? Your boss should be made an example of; you choose to commute in a way which keeps you fitter than most of the rest of the workforce (and thus probably take less time off ill), your mode of transport benefits us all and he elects to chew you off about shoes under desks. The man's an 24 carat ar$e, and he deserves some exposure in the media.

Not quite, but it has recently felt like one quite frequently recently!!! ;) Oh well, once I change to my new shifts, I should be able to keep out of big boss' way most of the time, so hopefully life at the office will become a bit more relaxed!!

ny152

Veteran
I keep a spare set of shoes under my desk as well, but carry in trousers and shirt each day. Saying that my boss is a heavy duty cyclist so I reckon I could probably get away with wearing cycling gear all day and sitting on a saddle at my desk ;).

Mind you, it didn't stop him poking fun at me one day when I wasn't wearing a tie with my shirt. Never mind that we'd just come away from a meeting where he turned up in full cycle gear for the duration.....

Top Bottom