Argh & Awww!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
The "Awww" part was on of the trainers that came in last night just before I was leaving at 10pm. Her: "You are not riding home on a bicycle are you? It's dangerous!" I confirmed I was - response: "But you'll make sure you stay on the pavement, won't you?". I said I wouldn't - reply: "Will you get some lights for your bike then?" Hmm...I had actually thought of that myself! B)

I trust you'll be reporting this moron for incitement to break the law?:wacko:

My Mum's not quite that bad, but I think she's convinced I'll be killed everytime I get on a bike. I'm deliberately not telling her I'm thinking of saving up after my PhD to ride round Europe randomly on my own...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Carwash said:
Could you get a pair of those sort of insubstantial ballet pumps that seem to have been fashionable with women for the past couple of years? They look like they could fold up small and be stuffed in a saddle bag. Just a thought.

Or go completely the other way, and cycle in with a pair of Dutch clogs tied to your head. Does away with the need for a helmet (if you use one...):wacko:

Tynan

Veteran
I ride in in full cycle gear, trousers and shoes live at work, take the rest in and out every day

done

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
fossyant said:
Not much - sounds like most 'posh' offices - I assume you have to share desks with other shifts.....

Yup, that pretty much sums it up - and we do desk-share...

Zorro

Veteran
Quite lucky me! have a locker which houses my shoes. Do have to make a rather long walk on polished concrete to get to them though... clip-clop clip-clop clip-clop etc.
Worth it though, love my cycling shoes

Randochap said:
Can't say that I'd want to use my cycling shoes as workday footwear.

Anyway, the boss would really get steamed when my cleats scarred the marble floor!;)

i've got the art of sliding across the tiled lobby floor to the lift in my uni building when wearing my cleats

although mine are recessed into the sole as I use MTB trainer style shoes

Bman

Guru
Yup I also have a pair of shoes under my desk.

I brought them in just in case I was challenged by the boss as the OP was. So far, I havnt been challenged. ;)

Ivan Ardon

You're not allowed a pair of shoes under your desk? Astonishing!

That rule would put a bit of a crimp on my day. Non-work related stuff under and around my desk includes the normal things like work shoes, spare shirts, pair of trousers, smart suit (so far unused), plus a two man tent, two sleeping bags, an oscilloscope, NIHM charger, four foot of scaffold pole, electric drill, grit blasting gun, toiletries, towel and tins of soup, crispbreads and bananas

Top Bottom