Arghhh...just...no!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
17992178_1426615837396142_2816023546507184534_n.png

That is seriously uncomfortable!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You wouldn't believe how tilted some of the buildings in Todmorden are, including the one that I am renting. I'll go out tomorrow and take some photos and post them below. Meanwhile ... here is the chimney breast in my kitchen. The spirit level is vertical!

Tilted kitchen.jpg

If I unlatch my front door and let go of it, it slams itself wide open!

Some friends had a flat above a shop in one of those very tilted buildings. When you walked across their living room one way it was noticeably 'uphill' and then 'downhill' when you walked the other way. I had a meal with them and they gave me a post-meal satsuma. I placed it on the table and it rolled off, then across the floor to the corner of the room! :laugh:

The town is built on a flood plain and the foundations of the buildings probably weren't really good enough for the swampy soil.

A few of the local houses finally started to crack and had their frontages rebuilt last year. The builders made a good job of their work, but they had to build everything to match the tilt of the rest of the building. It is odd to see new doors and windows going in with their frames well off the vertical/horizontal.

You wouldn't believe how tilted some of the buildings in Todmorden are, including the one that I am renting. I'll go out tomorrow and take some photos and post them below. Meanwhile ... here is the chimney breast in my kitchen. The spirit level is vertical

There's one down the main-road from me, it's been affected by mining subsidence, its adjoining houses had to be demolished, but presumably the owners refused??
Compare the white windowed house to its neighbour

Normanton. Castleford Road. Subsidence. 1.JPG Normanton. Castleford Road. Subsidence. 2.JPG

This is in Canterbury

View attachment 348526 .
I made that door! As square and plumb as you will ever see, guv.

postman

Legendary Member
I like things tidy.At the end of the day,the kitchen work tops have to shine.No smears or streaks.But i like the picture and i could live with the titling.Funny that,i wonder why.

ozboz

Guru
You wouldn't believe how tilted some of the buildings in Todmorden are, including the one that I am renting. I'll go out tomorrow and take some photos and post them below. Meanwhile ... here is the chimney breast in my kitchen. The spirit level is vertical!

View attachment 348512

If I unlatch my front door and let go of it, it slams itself wide open!

Some friends had a flat above a shop in one of those very tilted buildings. When you walked across their living room one way it was noticeably 'uphill' and then 'downhill' when you walked the other way. I had a meal with them and they gave me a post-meal satsuma. I placed it on the table and it rolled off, then across the floor to the corner of the room! :laugh:

The town is built on a flood plain and the foundations of the buildings probably weren't really good enough for the swampy soil.

A few of the local houses finally started to crack and had their frontages rebuilt last year. The builders made a good job of their work, but they had to build everything to match the tilt of the rest of the building. It is odd to see new doors and windows going in with their frames well off the vertical/horizontal.

I work on brand new apartments im and around London they cost a Kings Ransom, as your pic demonstated , that wall is well out of plumb avcording to that level ,
believe me , that is not bad compared to this new stuff !!

Top Bottom