Argos returns policy.....a question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hope this is the right place to post this.
Further to my "which vacuum cleaner" I note that Argos offer the Dyson 11 for the same price but state........"try it for 90 days".
However, when I google Argos terms it says return items must be unused.
So, its impossible to properly try one without using it so is that return promise worth a carrot?
Any one with experience ??

Skibird

Further to my "which vacuum cleaner" I note that Argos offer the Dyson 11 for the same price but state........"try it for 90 days".
So, its impossible to properly try one without using it so is that return promise worth a carrot?
I don't remember the exact details, but Argos have always had a great returns policy.

rualexander

Legendary Member
its a special offer, try it for 90 days means you can use it and if not happy, return it for a refund, this is separate from their normal t&c's.
They must be confident that very few people will return it after 90 days.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
its a special offer, try it for 90 days means you can use it and if not happy, return it for a refund, this is separate from their normal t&c's.
They must be confident that very few people will return it after 90 days.
Thanks.
Can I ask how you know that for certain? I would love to see something in print.
Their web site states it but without explanation. The main web site states "must be unused".

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Argos usually offer a 30 days return if item is unused and resellable, if you change your mind. If faulty, the normal warranty applies.

They occasionally offer a longer return for certain items like mattresses but you have to check the terms. It may be that the 90 day return is a satisfaction guarantee in conjunction with Dyson to promote the product.

FWIW they aren't accepting any returns at the moment due to the ongoing situation with Covid.

I've got something to go back that arrived faulty, but I can't do anything with it until normal service resumes, whenever that may be.

However, it wasn't expensive and isn't an issue TBH, it'll get sorted when it can, but it's definitely worth bearing in mind if you're seriously considering busting £600 :crazy: on a vacuum cleaner!

Hopefully things will be back to something like normal within another 90 days, but if it isn't you just might not see you're wonga for a while.

vickster

Legendary Member
Edit...not from JL as can’t do it operationally due to Covid impact.

I’d buy direct from Dyson with a credit card so are covered and print all paperwork off!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Dyson do it too directly, and you can chat on their website

https://www.dyson.co.uk/sticks/dyson-v11-shop-all.html#

Doesn't look like JL do but I can check with someone who would certainly know ;)

There you go Dave. It's a Dyson offer, Argos are just fulfilling it.

As Vickster says, buy direct from Dyson if you must (*).

* My brother bought one recently. I wasn't impressed enough to pay £200, let alone £600. I'm more impressed with my Numatic.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Those will be Argos's general terms for all their products* rather then just the Dyson11.

*exceptions apply such as cameras.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Thanks.
Can I ask how you know that for certain? I would love to see something in print.
Their web site states it but without explanation. The main web site states "must be unused".

It says so on the website.
Notwithstanding the above about current policies re covid19 though.
Best check first.

icowden

Veteran
I'm guessing that it's because it's not actually Argos offering the guarantee. If you go to the Dyson website, they have the same offer and are presumably underwriting it at their resellers (e.g. Argos):-

They also have a brief description of the terms:-

Money back guarantee.
Try a Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner (excluding Dyson 360 Heurist™, Dyson V7™ Trigger and any refurbished products sold through Dyson Outlet) at home for up to 90 days, and if you are not satisfied, return it for a full refund of the purchase price.

Offer valid from 20 April 2020 up to and including 26 May 2020. Terms and conditions apply.

For any products that fall outside of the 90-day money-back guarantee offer, you may cancel up to 35 days after receiving your machine.

Contact us on 0800 298 0298 or askdyson@dyson.co.uk to cancel.

See our returns policy for further details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm guessing that it's because it's not actually Argos offering the guarantee. If you go to the Dyson website, they have the same offer and are presumably underwriting it at their resellers (e.g. Argos):-

They also have a brief description of the terms:-
Precisely. There may be other retailers too, just not JLP. I’d buy direct from Dyson for sure with Covid

icowden

Veteran
Plus, it isn't like you can get it cheaper by not going to Dyson direct. Every site seems to have the same price for the same model.

Top Bottom