Arm warmers.......would you? Do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
They're also good to slip on when you need to don the summer rain jacket. I find heavy rain falling on thin nylon sleeves very uncomfortable.
I do this too, stops the clammy feeling on your arms :thumbsup:

Have we convinced any of the doubters yet?

Finnjävel

I use them. A lot easier to adjust to changing weather by putting on/taking off arm/leg warmers than with jackets or long trousers.

redcard

Veteran
Sleeveless base layer, short sleeeved jersey, arm warmers and a gilet is my uniform of choice. Keeps me warm and leaves enough gaps for ventilation

yello

Essential kit imho. Knee warmers too.

Particularly for spring and autumn mornings when it starts chilly before the day warms up.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Invaluable for an early morning start when it is likely to warm up later. Prendas sell some for 7.95. (The small really are small - but nothing worse than baggy armwarmers that won't stay up!)

MattHB

Proud Daddy
They extend the shorts and short sleeved jersey season by about 4 months!

yello

They extend the shorts and short sleeved jersey season by about 4 months!

True that. Saves the cost of long sleeves and leggings too!

I'll ride in bib shorts + leg warmers in the winter.... obviously it depends just how cold it us.

byegad

Legendary Member
I have a pair bought long ago for commuting in changeable weather. I used them a couple for times but as I tend to regulate my temperature even on cold days by pulling up my sleeves to cool my arms and so the rest of me, they were no use. (I get cramps in my rib area if my chest is in a cool draught so keep my body well covered.)

PpPete

Legendary Member
My Aldi ones got a bit baggy and won't stay up, but I got some even cheaper ones from PBK I think (it was mentioned in the spotted a bargain thread IIRC) which have been fine.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Invaluable for an early morning start when it is likely to warm up later. Prendas sell some for 7.95. (The small really are small - but nothing worse than baggy armwarmers that won't stay up!)
Up here over the northern border, I have been wearing my (Prendas) armwarmers for all bar about 3 rides this year :cold:.

Certainly very useful - allowing correction for the 'I should have worn the long-sleeved top' voice when the wind is a bit chillier than guestimated when setting out. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom