Arm warmers.......would you? Do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
Yes, I have a pair and find them useful - in fact the pair I have are getting a bit old and baggy and I really want to get some new ones.

GrasB

Veteran
I have a selection of arm warmers. They're also great for adding an extra insulation layer under long sleeved jerseys & jackets help you keep warm arms without overheating your trunk. In addition to this on overcast but warm humid days I find I need a lightweight jersey for my trunk but my arms need a fair amount of wind protection to keep warm. Fine use the lightweight jersey plus add a pair of arm warmers. Finally you get really lightweight ones they start acting like coolers at high temps by using your sweat to cool the air trapped between the 'warmer' & your arm.

Yup, cheap pair from Aldi/Lidl
Found them very useful for the commute through the Abedeen summer, never being quite sure as to if it was going to be warm enough / too warm for whenever going out the door. Start off with them and remove it it did prove to be ok.

ohnovino

Large Member
Yup. Great for in-between temperatures, when you can whip them off while riding once you've warmed up. I like them for short rides in the rain too.

Mine came from DealExtreme and only cost around £3/£4. They used to have a Specialized logo, but after a couple of washes they spell Spcilze.

geo

An absolute essential.

I have these which have been great since I purchased them.

I have the same ones and they are superb IMO. Give you the option of covering up for a chilly early morning start and then remove or just roll down when you warm up,great bit of kit.

lejogger

Guru
I've got a couple of pairs, but have tended to wear long sleeve base layers instead

Long sleeve baselayer... with a short sleeve jersey????! :wacko:

You need to have a serious think about what you've just done...

Rule 21 clearly states these are allowed but only if the weather warrants their use. I mean you wouldn't wear them in spring, summer or autumn would you? (Rhetorical). If it's minus 8 and it's the difference between going out and not then kit up!

lejogger

Guru
Arm warmers, leg warmers and knee warmers are all absolutely essential bits of kit, especially for the commuter when conditions change during the day.

They're perfect for just so many circumstances, especially in the uk when weather is so varied from one hour to the next.

It's all very well having dedicated long sleeve jerseys, 3/4 and full length tights, but what happens on those days when the clouds disperse after an hour of riding and then you're then too hot for the rest of the day? Lightweight, easy to store in a rack bag or jersey pocket etc

I've got the dhb roubaix ones and they've been excellent.

The only downside is that it's essential not to let the other half walk in on you while preparing for a ride at the moment you're only sporting the arm warmers and leg warmers. Unfortunately they have to go on first but it looks bloody weird!

Arm warmers, leg warmers and knee warmers are all absolutely essential bits of kit, especially for the commuter when conditions change during the day.

They're perfect for just so many circumstances, especially in the uk when weather is so varied from one hour to the next.

It's all very well having dedicated long sleeve jerseys, 3/4 and full length tights, but what happens on those days when the clouds disperse after an hour of riding and then you're then too hot for the rest of the day? Lightweight, easy to store in a rack bag or jersey pocket etc

I've got the dhb roubaix ones and they've been excellent.

The only downside is that it's essential not to let the other half walk in on you while preparing for a ride at the moment you're only sporting the arm warmers and leg warmers. Unfortunately they have to go on first but it looks bloody weird!
Or the bib shorts where it looks like you are trying to become the next hulk hogan! :training:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Arm and leg warmers are essential bits of kit, as is a newspaper to stuff down the front of your jersey on a log descent when you're still sweating from the climb. And the beauty is all three only use up one jersey pocket.

yello

Um, yea, been there :laugh: It does look very, um, 'gimp' doesn't it? Like you're auditioning for Rocky Horror or something!

Top Bottom