Armchair cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthames

Über Member
This pinch point is on a rather steep gradient that I have to negotiate, because of the width I have to take primary to prevent any clowns trying to overtake.

I had an armchair cyclist give me a bit of advice about how I should be riding up this hill. I would love to see him try and cycle up this particular hill in the manner he suggested. Btw the hill is a 6% average which gets steeper the further up you go and is about 1/2 mile long. I am also aiming to get to the top without being too sweaty.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96HtocXvh1U

Anybody else had armchair cyclists give you advice while riding?

I can't make out much; what did he actually say?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some drivers are tools...... and they can't ride it....even if they had a go.....

PS YOU WILL get there for climbing... looks like you were spinning a gear.....

As you mention, not getting too sweaty.....hills never get any easier, you just ride faster...

If you have bike kit (clothing) then you will go quicker as you'll have a change of kit at the end.......

Very long time cyclist here.... just stick at it and set a challenge..ride it a bit faster each time...etc..... but if riding civi clothing....get sports kit and change............ I can't get near a bike in a shirt without coming out in sweats...and a raised HR..... :biggrin:

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
fossyant said:
Some drivers are tools...... and they can't ride it....even if they had a go.....

PS YOU WILL get there for climbing... looks like you were spinning a gear.....

Yup I was spinning, I tend to ride with quite a high cadence as it is easier on my knees. I have actually gone up that hill a bit quicker, but that was adrenalin assisted.

I have kit for cycling in so I do change when I get there.

shippers

Looks like a lovely place for a pinch point.

I don't tend to get advice from people. Most people seem awestruck that I can cycle 10 miles... though choice. (The 70 milers on a weekend are genuinely not believed. I couldn't consider telling people that there are 600km rides held!)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
hackbike 666 said:
What is an armchair cyclist?

Has he got an armchair fitted to his bike?

What a clever trick.:smile:

2597735857_ff86e2965d.jpg

Chamfus Flange

I'm regularly get advice from other road users. I let them talk giving me there advice and punctuate it with "so you do lot of miles on a bike then". To which the most common reply is "I haven't a bike".

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Armchair cyclists. Yep. See that sort of comment a lot, either on youtube or on the various forums I read and post on. Usually its some plonker who tells you exactly what they would have done, despite the fact you actually appear to have either done it, or done it better. :smile:

EDIT: Oh and the worst ones are the ones who go "oh I wont ride on the roads, I use the pavements" after having just tried to tell you off for something

Top Bottom