Armstrong and the TdF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Noodley said:
If Armstrong makes it onto the podium I'll run naked through Paris.

Here's hoping, for the sake of all Parisiens and clean cyclists, that he bombs out....
...and I'll follow you, red rubber pants and all. :biggrin:

No, LA is a busted flush for this year. See also Michael Schumacher. :rain:

Wiggy will do well to get top ten, top five if he's lucky. Sorry...:becool:

Contador for the win, although I'll be crossing my fingers that Cuddles finally pulls it off.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think Bertie will win it but top 3 for LA.

Bookies have
AC 4/7
A Schleck 5/1
LA 9/1
20/1 bar 3

That makes Evans and Basso a decent each way punt.

just jim

Noodley said:
If Armstrong makes it onto the podium I'll run naked through Paris.

Here's hoping, for the sake of all Parisiens and clean cyclists, that he bombs out....

If Armstrong gets to know about this he may well back off anyway, to prevent you from carrying out this terrible act. It's a win-win situation for him!

yello

I think I'm just going to watch this year; no predictions or favourites. To some stages anyway, I'll not be glued.

That said, my thoughts are; I can't see LA staying the distance in honesty. If he starts, he'll abandon at some stage. I think it's a bridge too far this year, I'm not sure he's prepared. Too much other stuff going on and his preparation isn't, I'm guessing, spot on.

Love to see Evans do well but I fear it's going to be the same for him as before, left bereft of support to go alone.

Wiggins, he'll give it a go but I can't see a repeat. He has achieved greatness already.

Hard to see past Contador for top spot. He just knows what to do, when and can do it. Schlek younger will be in the frame; he's ticking away quietly there at the moment, the preparation's good methinks.

This year, I want to look for names I don't know. And there's a lot of them to be honest.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
raindog said:
Will that be "allowed" though? :smile:
You'd hope that he wouldn't pull apart another team with that "the road will decide" bollocks after last season though.

aberal

Guru
Armstrong won't win it. He's too old. BUT, God, I would love it if he did. Equally, I'd be devastated if the allegations of that piece of sh*t Floyd Landis turned out to be true. We need heroes in this world and Armstrong, for all his faults, deserves to be up there with the rest and best of them.

Kablinsky

Have to agree that even slightly off his best Berti looks good enough. Obviously I'd like to see Wiggins win and you have to admire Armstrong for the way he's got himself into shape still being competitive at his age.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
aberal said:
Armstrong won't win it. He's too old. BUT, God, I would love it if he did. Equally, I'd be devastated if the allegations of that piece of sh*t Floyd Landis turned out to be true. We need heroes in this world and Armstrong, for all his faults, deserves to be up there with the rest and best of them.
Prepare to be devastated.

The circumstantial evidence is very strong and the federal investigation is humming along in the background, with threats of legal action against anyone responsible for leaking information, which is why it's all gone quiet.

Personally, I will be surprised if Armstrong doesn't pull out before the start.

maurice

Watch out, the haters are mobilising again!

You can't even like Lance in a thread about his chances these days...

lukesdad

Saxobank s team is strong enough, its whether Andys head is, and, talking of heads will someone please tell him to stop turning it, and, admiring the view back down the hill when he s climbing. :blush::biggrin:

Top Bottom