Armstrong and the TdF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll be quite happy if he gets a podium place. We can organise a CC trip to Paris then.

Keith Oates

Janner
Noodley in the Buff and Chuffy in red rubber pants, if that gets out the cycling fans would need to get in position a week before the event just to get a chance to see the bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
aberal said:
Armstrong won't win it. He's too old. BUT, God, I would love it if he did. Equally, I'd be devastated if the allegations of that piece of sh*t Floyd Landis turned out to be true. We need heroes in this world and Armstrong, for all his faults, deserves to be up there with the rest and best of them.
Yep, he was just able to beat all the other people who turned out to have been juiced to the gills.

They were all at it, let's face facts.

Panter said:
Actually I'd like to revise my first statement by saying that as the greatest cyclist the World has ever seen, he probably will win it :thumbsup: :biggrin:
No he isn't and and no he won't. Nothing to do with how I feel about him as a rider and human being, but it does go some way to demonstrating the fanboy perspective. :wacko:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
aberal said:
Armstrong won't win it. He's too old. BUT, God, I would love it if he did. Equally, I'd be devastated if the allegations of that piece of sh*t Floyd Landis turned out to be true. We need heroes in this world and Armstrong, for all his faults, deserves to be up there with the rest and best of them.

HERE HERE !!!!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Chuffy said:
No he isn't and and no he won't. Nothing to do with how I feel about him as a rider and human being, but it does go some way to demonstrating the fanboy perspective. :wacko:

It's you that got me interested in him!

All I read from you was Lance this, Lance that... I'd never even heard of the bloke before!

Thank you though, you've given me a Hero :thumbsup:

And you're welcome to him! In the meantime, shall I introduce you to my good friend Toto? :wacko:

Blue

Legendary Member
maurice said:
Watch out, the haters are mobilising again!

You can't even like Lance in a thread about his chances these days...

The same folk rubbished the mans chances last year and he got a podium position. You have to bear in mind that opinions are just that.

I have always been a big fan of Lance Armstrong. I would be devasted to find out he was a drugs cheat, I know theres always been that speculation. But was'nt he the most tested athlete in history?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
addictfreak said:
I have always been a big fan of Lance Armstrong. I would be devasted to find out he was a drugs cheat, I know theres always been that speculation. But was'nt he the most tested athlete in history?
So he says, never seen any official figures to back that up though. Marion Jones never tested positive either, but ended up doing time after eventually admitting to the use of EPO.

The tests are beatable if you and your doctors are clever enough, and some of Armstrong's 1999 TdF samples were found to contain EPO when they were tested retrospectively using new methods.

Still, maybe the lab fiddled the tests and Lemond, the Andreus and Landis are all liars and Armstongs vicious treatment of people who speak out against doping is just a charming character trait.

yello

Oh now, Smokin Joe, Don't sit on the fence there. Tell us what you really think! ;)

But, yes, methinks on balance of probability that he did. Dunno about does but did. And, no, I have no proof. It's just an opinion. And not one of this forum or of the forum owner.

e&oe...

mangaman

I'm surprised he's going to be allowed to start.

After Operation Puerto, everyone even vaguegley linked were banned - on supposition only (some were subsequently found innocent), because of the supposed "sancitity" of the TDF. Some of those banned that year were entirely innocent but the TDF took the view - any potential tainting by Puerto meant non-starting.

Armstrong seems embroiled in an almost identical situation. Why can he race?

I'll give you a clue - double standards, more money / more lawyers :rofl:

Top Bottom