Arrggghhhhhh!!!! Can't get ITV4!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a satellite dish anywhere? If so, get a Freesat box, if not.......internet stream or Europlayer.

[QUOTE 1894874, member: 45"]Yeah, we've got two (for some reasons) Sky dishes on the roof. Don't really want to have to fork out for a freesat box without a hard drive, but can't afford one with a disk in.[/quote]
Old Sky box then, one of the Thompson ones. Should be able to get one off ebay dirt cheap.

[QUOTE 1894908, member: 45"]Really? What channels will I get on it without subscription?[/quote]
Most of the freesat ones. So ITV1-4, the BBC's, Channel 5 etc... None of the Sky channels though and no HD channels.

You'll have to delete Babestation!

I've got one on the kitchen TV and a Freesat box in the front room.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 1894851, member: 45"]I've just realised we're not getting ITV4 on Freeview. How am I going to watch the Tour????

Where's marinyork?[/quote]
It wouldn't be a Bosch Freeview box, would it?:whistle:

Try "autotune". Freeview channels seem to disappear for no reason every once in a while. Autotune usually gets them back.

subaqua

What’s the point
you still need to retune tellies occasionally as the companies do alter the signal slightly. my MIL lost all ITV and I had to retune remotley reading her telly instructions over the phone off the internet to her

gavintc

Guru
A few years ago, I wanted to put an aerial into the master bedroom. The aerial guys found that our aerial was too old for free view and recommended a new one. As soon as it was fitted - lots of additional channels became available to us. So, I recommend you have a look at the aerial - is it a modern one.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Get a Sky box for the freesat (there's a few Red Button extras over normal boxes) on one dish and then get a Digital Satellite Receiver off eBay (£15 or less) and get Astra 1 (German Eurosport cycling - on the assumption that they will continue with earlier in the day coverage of the race) on the other dish. They also cover the other Tours and Classics.

You can also pick up RTL F1 coverage when the Beeb aren't showing the race live - but the timing and length of the advert breaks make ITV look fantastic.

You will need to get someone to point the dishes in the right direction and the dishes may need a new LNB £6 ebay).

siadwell

Guru
We switched from Freeview to Freesat a couple of years ago as we had a similar problem. The stations are grouped together according to the multiplex that carries them. Our aerial couldn't see the lower dishes on the local transmitter because of a ridge in the way, so we never got certain channels. ITV4 is on mux ARQB, along with Film4 on channel 15 - if you can't get that either, you may have the same issue we had.

List of channels by mux here: http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Get Astra 1 (German Eurosport cycling - on the assumption that they will continue with earlier in the day coverage of the race) on the other dish. They also cover the other Tours and Classics.
If you are talking about the old analogue service (which I enjoyed free for over 10 years) ... it is too late - they finally switched it off in April! :sad:

Top Bottom