Arrogant or just plain ignorant - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think we heard all the arguments and views 115 months ago ...

What 10 years before the OP posted?

PK99

Legendary Member
When MrsPK and I are out in the car on country roads, we are normally in "pootle-mode", traveling slowly and sightseeing along the way.

But, if a working-local vehicle comes up behind, we speed up and then pull to the side to facilitate an overtake or stop at a field entrance to allow the vehicle(s) behind to pass. We think that is a reasonable thing to do and are pleased when we see cyclists doing the same.

winjim

Smash the cistern
As this wound up in a row over a year ago, why don’t we all take Idina Menzel’s advice.

View: https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

Elsa is sick of having to move aside for HGVs, she's gonna take the lane, ride in the middle of the road if she wants to and everyone else can bog off.

Honestly, pre-LIG Elsa would have pulled over and not caused a fuss. Post-LIG Elsa ain't taking any more of that BS. Let the storm rage on, bitches.

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
They could have stopped and pulled over to let the traffic past .

It's 5.30am. If they can't overtake 2 cyclists safely using the adjacent lane then there is something a miss.

Alex321

Veteran
How much traffic is there at 05:30 to prevent safe overtakes and how long was other traffic delayed?

If you had bothered to read the OP, it is clear there was a fair amount.

"Anyway, two 'roadies' came out from a side road a little ahead of said 18 tonner. By this time, there was an artic and several cars behind the 18 tonner".

And they apparently continued to ride 2 abreast for 3/4 of a mile, which will be 3-4 minutes unless they were getting a shift on.

It's 5.30am. If they can't overtake 2 cyclists safely using the adjacent lane then there is something a miss.
I don't know the roads in East Anglia (The OP's location is listed as Norwich), but there are plenty of roads round here where it can be difficult, even A roads. There are only a couple of spots on the A4222 between here and Cowbridge (about 3 miles) where you can see far enough to safely use the other lane to overtake.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Leaving aside the small fact that the OP is complete fabrication, if you can't see safely enough to overtake, you wait until it is. It's that simple. I don't have a problem with this when I'm driving.

The imaginary drivers in the story in the OP probably were OK with this too.

Top Bottom