Artwork chez moi...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
... I need to replace 2 prints in the lounge/front room/parlour (deletes as applicable). The current ones are 70 x 50cm so similar size required.
I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, as the chances are that I'll tire of them in a couple of years. Originals, even by good unknown local artists are pricey. The ones I've seen and liked have been £300+.
Anything too 'well-known' seems crass, and the days of block-mount prints of The Fighting Temeraire or The Hay Wain are consigned to the nostalgia thread.
So, any suggestions for a pair of tasteful, interesting and slightly unusual prints please. Nothing is out of the question.
Ta!
This is one under consideration by Umberto Boccioni, The Dynamism of a Cyclist...

dynamism-of-a-cyclist-19131.jpg

Basil.B

Guru
I will knock something out for you, once I've found my crayons.
Only charge you £250! ^_^

Arch

Married to Night Train
Nah.

It's a blue frog emptying a tumble drier.

Thank you. I just cannot see anything else in it now.

postman

Legendary Member
I have a very bad squint,and when i close my good eye.Thats what i see.I get mine for nothing,£300 you must be 'aving a larf.

... I need to replace 2 prints in the lounge/front room/parlour (deletes as applicable). The current ones are 70 x 50cm so similar size required.
I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, as the chances are that I'll tire of them in a couple of years. Originals, even by good unknown local artists are pricey. The ones I've seen and liked have been £300+.
Anything too 'well-known' seems crass, and the days of block-mount prints of The Fighting Temeraire or The Hay Wain are consigned to the nostalgia thread.
So, any suggestions for a pair of tasteful, interesting and slightly unusual prints please. Nothing is out of the question.
Ta!
This is one under consideration by Umberto Boccioni, The Dynamism of a Cyclist...

dynamism-of-a-cyclist-19131.jpg

Yes, yes! I can see the "Dynamism" clearly now.. Does the blue snout belong to the cyclist then? :huh:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thank you. I just cannot see anything else in it now.
It's like that, isn't it? I can't see any frog because I found the blue penguin at the top before the frog was mentioned.

Actually, I like the painting. The fact that it throws the mind into a kind of Rorschach test mode is part of its attraction.

Top Bottom