as a child i was scared

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I used to be really freaked out (still am really) by the very old, black and white, Mickey Mouse cartoons. I find them tremendously disturbing, and I have no idea why !

Andrew

ChrisKH

Guru
Cybermen (I hid behind the sofa)
That funny twig like creature from Rupert the Bear (someone's earlier post jogged my memory)
The picture of Winston Churchill outside my bedroom which used to morph and smile when I had delirium (through high temperatures) as a child.
Being chased & possessed by demons (having read 'The Exorcist' at the age of ten - I must thank my sister for letting me read that).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
ChrisKH said:
Cybermen (I hid behind the sofa)
That funny twig like creature from Rupert the Bear (someone's earlier post jogged my memory)
You mean Raggety...yes, gave me a nightmare or two also! I was scared of very tall poplar trees in the dark. There were some near my house, and they gave an eerie moan when the wind passed through their branches. Wooooooh, wooooooh it went.

Tetedelacourse

Fnaar said:
You mean Raggety...yes, gave me a nightmare or two also! I was scared of very tall poplar trees in the dark. There were some near my house, and they gave an eerie moan when the wind passed through their branches. Wooooooh, wooooooh it went.

Holy dumptrucks! That is scary. I sniggered when first I read your post as the current Raggety looks like this:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tetedelacourse said:
Holy dumptrucks! That is scary. I sniggered when first I read your post as the current Raggety looks like this:
Jeez, is nothing sacred? Don't tell me Rupert's gay as well! :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Well let's just say he has a lot of male friends (especially Edward Trunk)and isn't interested in Ping Pong's frequent advances any more.

mikeitup

Veteran
Then :

Christopher Lee as Dracula on the friday night bbc2 horror double bills in the summer hols. (a long, long time ago).

Now:

going into my room and finding that Beyonce isn't there! :biggrin:

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

OldSeagul

The Doctor Who series with the giant maggots in the mine - I had to sleep with the light on for months.

Also some music from the Vangellis Heaven & Hell album called Intestinal Bat freaked me out a bit.

asterix

Comrade Member
..of falling over the edge of the road:ohmy: We had a Citroen 2CV in Cyprus in the fifties(!) - the roads were rough, narrow and very steep and bendy.
On leave, my father drove us back to England over the Alps and only a few white stones stood between us and the abyss..

Strangely enough I was never bothered by the escalating terrorism or occasionally having to travel to school in an army landrover sitting next to an armed squaddy - that was exciting.

Top Bottom