As a cyclist you obviously watch the Olympics, right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teuchter

Über Member
Thread of a work email discussion I had with a colleague this afternoon (oldest at the bottom). Made me laugh anyway.

Pete.

i thought every person that owned a bike watched the cycling in the olympics. i feel my flawed logic has been exposed.

bob, can you help?

>>> Peter ######## 07/08/2012 15:22 >>>

Hi Anne,

the only olympics cycling I've seen so far has been Bradley Wiggins interview after he won gold and the woman's peleton last weekend since it happened to be on while I was in the pub (but yes, I did cycle there). Other than that I've been too busy riding my bikes (or more like taking them to bits this last week) to watch much telly.

I've passed your request to Bob who as he doesn't own a bike, has much more time to watch the Olympics.

Pete.

>>> Anne ######## 07/08/2012 14:51 >>>

pete,

have you been watching the cycling at the olympics? there's a pundit on the bbc that sits beside mark cavendish and i want to know who he is. shaved head and specs.

i am asking you this purely on the basis that you have a bike.

cheers
anne

Most of it.... when I can.

I do prefer road events over velodrome although I can see that 'drome events can be better as a spectator event. I've enjoyed the Triathlons events as well as the cyclign specific.

Overall I think the women's road, and the men's TT have been most exciting to watch?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm watching right now ... with paint splattered fingers ... I had the TV on in the other room whilst decorating and you have never seen anyone finish up so fast!!! Perfect timing!!! Aren't you watching now?

OP
OP
Teuchter

Teuchter

Über Member

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Apparently you're correct. The conversation continued, revealing Anne's motives...
Actually I just switched the telly on and there he was still sitting alongside Cavendish. And now they've swapped events and they're talking about a beautiful extended trot. I want to see the other Trott!

mattobrien

Guru
Watching as much of the cycling as I can, plus a bit of athletics of an evening if there is anything interesting on.

Team GB do look quite supreme in the velodrome.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Haven't we had a medal in every event, in the velodrome, but one?

First Olympics I have watched in 20 years and only started watching because of the cycling.
I have to say hat it has been brilliant.
Team GB are really excelling and to get us to third in the medals table ( of course, only by stealing all of the Aussie coaches and using round wheels - unlike the French) there have been some phenomenal performances from our guys, especially in the cycling and running (and Heptathlon).

Well done them all

Top Bottom