As I was walking along...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
.... the bridleway near me, coming towards me pretty fast and in good form was a cyclist. As he neared me, he wished me a cheery hello and zoomed past. It was Chris Boardman but I'm sorry to say, he was going so fast i didn't see what bike he was riding besides it being a black mtn bike, a hardtail, not sure if it was a Boardman though ;)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Top stuff. I was suffering one winters' day on the curly bit of holme moss when he skipped past me like I was stood still (which I almost was) with a 'dig deep lad' as encouragement. Frickin midget:biggrin:.

I bumped into him in the velodrome a while ago as well- seems like a friendly, approachable kind of chap.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Yeah, considering he's retired from the sport, he's still a bit handy. He lives around here so I actually see him quite often. I've seen him zooming up the local hills like they're flat and I guess he's only doing it for fitness and enjoyment these days, sickening it is.

bauldbairn

Crackle said:
It was Chris Boardman but I'm sorry to say, he was going so fast i didn't see what bike he was riding besides it being a black mtn bike, a hardtail, not sure if it was a Boardman though xx(

It must have been, surely! ;) - :wacko:

Quite a few people have posted on here that he's a nice friendly approachable chap - which is all we can ask of him really. :biggrin:

All the best to him.:smile:

Oh! I'm just about to make a payment into his pension fund, via Halfords.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to get a kicking off him every week in the local TT's.... made the rest of us look totally rubbish. Nice bloke though - our club won the 'non sponsored team' hill climb award in Huddersfield one year - he congratulated us - he and a couple of other big hitters in Manchester Wheelers won the Team prize.

Top Bottom